Is it something missing they need and refuse to communicate? Is the stimulation gone? Is the adjustment too hard? Do they find out things later they can’t accept? Did they not look deep before they leaped? Are is that just their character?
4UWisdom 4UWisdom 46-50, F 21 Answers Jul 8, 2012

I think there are as many reasons for cheating as there are people who cheat and any one of the possibilities you listed could be one of them. I also think there are uncountable others too. There are sooo many ways that folks just don't seem to mesh from the start or one or both partners change over time......I do think solid, open and honest communication could help some of them tho.

Best Answer

Great answer...I agree

Best Answer

aww thanks.. :)

Best Answer

Because things change, a multitude of things can change. Who are you to judge when you don't know the situation or the parties involved.

Best Answer

Cheating in a marriage, why you ask? Very simple answer. Its because one of the two of you are not happy for whatever reason.

1. Financial. many people stay together for finacial reasons even though it would be better if they got divorced. Old saying cheaper to keep her.

2. Unable to perform. if the male or female can no longer have sex for whatever reason, then seeking gratification elsewhere is what happens.

3. Sexless marriage (SM). Many people live in sexless marriages, and tolerate it. Some people get to the point of no return and just have an affair.

4. Out of spite. Did he or she purposely do something to **** the other one off. Its a form of revenge.

5. Or they just ran into someone who they were attracted to and had NSA sex.

Best Answer

Great answer...currently I'm not married..was divorced in 2006. This problem still is present...just wanted insight from others...thanks so much.

Best Answer

All 5 of these reasons can exist in a relationship....seen it many times.

Best Answer

They did not give it much thought before getting married. With marriage, comes responsibility. When you are too exhausted to carry the burden, the sympathy or care you have for your partner would keep you going.

The key is always give and take. From both husband and wife.

Best Answer

Great answer...I agree :-)

Best Answer

Fear, loneliness from one or both parties becoming suddenly distant, both parties not giving each other enough 'space', not enough communication, stubbornness, both parties being TOO different from each other, not looking at everything well enough before they committed to marriage to see if they could last, someone becoming too bossy, someone becoming resentful towards other partner, selfishness, thinking they could get something better, disloyalty, feelings of being stuck in a rut, too routine, too much anger for minor things, not enough sex, too much sex. Wow, there are so many things. ahaha.

People really need to learn how to communicate better.

Best Answer

I agree...great insight and wisdom. We can all learn from. :-)

Best Answer

i think there are internal and external reasons! internal: a couple take each other for granted.. they treat each other like they treat their parents.. and no one works hard to keep t he spark! the man sees the wife with puffy eyes, hairy legs and always tired and nagging.. the man is always at work, only wants sex and is not listening or spending time with the woman! or they are too consumed with their kids they forget about their relationship! another reason is, they were madly in love they did not see they have different values and concepts of life and raising kids! marriage is not forever sex with the same person, it is building a family, and like you choose your partners at work you should chose your companion to life! external reasons: well temptation is all around, handsome men and sexy ladies are everywhere.. every relationship is fun when it is new.. and it changes the world! people think this they can feel this way forever (but they can't) and they think if they don't feel like this with their wife/husband they will feel lit forever with the other person! some people find inspiration in making a miserable wife/husband happy! if you give such vibes to others.. you may have those people all around tempting you.. bad people who just want flings are also everywhere, make sure you spot them and stop them at the right time! i can go on forever but i'll keep it here.. it will be amazing if you read this far :D

Best Answer

Oh my God...you said a mouth full and all so totally true. Great answer...wisdom and insight for learning.

Best Answer

it is easy to say all that because i never was in their shoes! but i think i learned by watching the world around! but i'm often described to speak "theoretically!" i hope it helps someone though!

Best Answer

I think that a marriage can get into a rut in and out of the bedroom. I think as a couple matures they still need to have an open mind for new things. My marriage has fallen into a rut and I am considering an affair because my wife refuses to get out of the same ol same ol routine and I am tired of the same ol same ol.

Best Answer

I agree...stimulation is important or we will get bored and seek those thing that apprehends us. :-)

Best Answer

There are zillions of reasons people do this. For the most part...it's probably just unhappiness for one reason or another. Seeking something they don't feel they have.

Best Answer

I agree. :-)

Best Answer

The fact is, there are as many different reasons for cheating, as there are people who cheat. I don't think there is a common reason.

Best Answer

Hormones, disloyalty, lack of knowledge of what love is, marriage for the wrong reasons, and etc.

Most humans are not designed for marriage.

Best Answer

Wow awesome answer. :-)

Best Answer

It's nothing.

Best Answer

People are looking for more excitement

Best Answer

Yes...I can see that in some...stimulation is important to them...nothing wrong with that.

Best Answer

Great, wonderful answers and so many of the answers can all exist in one relationship. All the answers given can be going on between a couple. Communication isn't always possible, esp if one is very domineering and controlling and they don't want to listen because they simply don't care much what the other has to say. They must be boss and in control and it'll be there way, there is no openness for communication.

Life isn't black and white, it's filled with many grey areas.

Best Answer

Cyber?? Reality.?? Emotional.??? Or physical???

Best Answer

true

Best Answer