I hear people complain about the rich who own businesses and corporations but not rich celebrities? You get morons like Miley Cyrus making millions being retarded, but no one says she has too much wealth and should redistribute it to the poor. But you see a rich person with a business or whatever but their wealth should go to the poor because they make "too much money"? Why? At least they are being productive.
JessieTheGreekGoddess JessieTheGreekGoddess 18-21, F 14 Answers Apr 14 in Politics

envy is all i can say

Best Answer

I complain about rich celebrities, no one is worth that much for acting or singing. You get people risking their lives on a daily basis like the army, fire fighters, etc and they earn ****.

Best Answer

Best answer right here. I couldn't gave said it better.

Best Answer

True and many performers today are just that. Going back to Miley. She has a decent voice but what you really see are those flashy outfits ( and I do mean flashy) and the crazy stuff she does. Mean while we have family and friends being torn apart in every sense of the word and dying so that we and the dumb-***** who do nothing and get paid for it are safe. Skewed priorities any one?

Best Answer

I've heard people complain about celebrities more than about corporations.

Best Answer

I hear the opposite.

Best Answer

This is a good observation. You are wise beyond your years.<br />
I think it may have something to do with the fact that business owners employ people-- so they are perceived as "corporate".

Best Answer

because they are idiots!

Best Answer

I don't think many people stand up and say "rich business owners should pay more taxes!" It think the argument tends to be "Rich people should pay their fair share of taxes." And the argument continues that their fair share ought to be a little higher, as they have accumulated a sizable amount of wealth, be it through hard work, skill, or even dumb luck.<br />
If CEOs of big corporations are targeted with any special hatred (which I'm sure they are) it's not EXCLUSIVLY because people believe they aren't paying their fair share, but also the fact that big business has the U.S. government bought and paid for. And when you steal people's freedom right out from under them, people get a little miffed.

Best Answer

Fair share would be having flat taxes. They did what they needed to. There shouldn't be punishment for being successful.

Best Answer

*lIfe* isn't fair. So with everything naturally unfair, it is fair. ^_^

Best Answer

Tax is not meant to be a punishment. It's a necessary evil that is necessary to the government of a free nation to allow it to function. It is an unfortunate fact that after loop holes and exemptions, some corporations pay a 0% tax rate, or even are PAID money by the government (they have negative tax rate).
The richest people are paying the lightest taxes, if any. In an ideal system, there would be no loopholes or exemptions for ANYONE and the people at the top would pay the most and the people at the bottom would pay the least.
Did you know in the 70s the 1%ers had an effective tax rate of between 70 - 90%? And they were still rich. They maintained their comfortable life style, while also doing their part to maintain a healthy nation where everyone has a chance at a good life.

Just want to add a personal thought: how much is enough? Honestly, at what point should you maybe give up a little bit of your wealth and save the lives of some people who will literally die without any money.
And does anyone EVER really DESERVE a billion dollars? Seriously? But then again, this isn't a meritocracy. This is capitalism.

Best Answer

Actually, society did function before without taxes. Go learn history.

Best Answer

When was there a free society without taxation? When was this, what was the name of the nation?
Point me in the right direction, I'll go look it up immediately. And upon learning of my error, I will promptly admit my mistake.

Best Answer

But they are paying the same. So it is fair.

Best Answer

But I am. I have my reasons.

Best Answer

You don't know my theories.

Best Answer

New York. 1800's.

Best Answer

What are you're theories? (I am genuinely interested. I can't promise I'll agree, but I wont be a jerk to you either.)

Best Answer

Eh, thats not the point of the question. Plus, I don't feel like explaining to you.

Best Answer

First income tax law: 1861. New York joined the union nearly 100 years before.

Best Answer

And there was a point they paid no taxes and they were completely fine.

Best Answer

Okay, well short of me researching 100 years of new York history, it will be hard for me to refute this claim of yours.

How then did they run an effective government? Where did the money come? How did things get done if not from tax dollars?

Best Answer

I just know it worked. Thats good enough. I live in Canada. I don't know much about the US.

Best Answer

I actually live in Ontario. I just make it a point to know about the U.S. because of how much they effect the rest of the world.

Best Answer

I know *some*. Not much of their history, more of their politics.

Best Answer

Same w/ me. Mostly I know about their politics. Also I know a fair bit about their economy, at least in regards to where it intersects w/ their corrupt political system.

Best Answer

ah okay.

Best Answer

Actually if people are making **** wages and barely getting by it will hurt businesses. Second capitalism is a system that distributes wealth. If you ever want to see were wealth is not distributed well and the inequality gap is wide visit a third world country.

Best Answer

I said redistribution of wealth, not wage changes.

Best Answer

well retribution of wealth is not a bad thing. wages go along with it too.

Best Answer

Redistribution of wealth is ridiculous. They earned their money, other people did not.

Best Answer

Is not that simple as you think everything has a trade off. Is like people saying well they didn't create the product it was the workers that made happen.

Best Answer

The workers get paid, though.

Best Answer

Yea, but they get paid ****, like I said go to third world country and you will wonders of capitalism.

Best Answer

You can't compare a 3rd world and 1st world country. -_-

Best Answer

I don't think welfare is bad, I think most problems can be blame on a decadence of society. Well the third world and the first world are both capitalist, why is one poor and the other rich? well actually both the third world and first world are rich. by why does one look like a third world and the other look more modernize or better looking.

Best Answer

Welfare is good for getting back on your feet, but people take advantage of it.

Best Answer

I think their should universal healthcare, I will actually cut food stamps.

Best Answer

I'd rather there be food stamps than universal health care. >.> It works better with the economy.

Best Answer

health insurance is expensive not that many people can afford it. You need a healthy body so you can work.

Best Answer

Universal healthcare is complicated and put a lot of doctors out of work.

Best Answer

A lot of doctors are also there to make money of you. I just like the idea of universal health care. **** spending 20 dollars on health insurgence a week.

Best Answer

I think in most cases its because talks about celebrities and talks about socioeconomic issues aren't commonly mixed topics. I think you do have a point. Perhaps celebrities should be apart of the conversation. Including those who are in the sports fields. My question would be, why do we continue to value entertainment over the condition of our countries people?

Best Answer

Because everyone is responsible for themselves.

Best Answer

People do complain about rich celebrities. Thing is, it's not going to change the fact they are rich! I don't understand why people are mad. They are doing their job just like you do yours.

Best Answer

Taking other peoples wealth in general is stupid. We also need to stop making stupid people famous.

Best Answer

You don't know Miley personally as a person. She doesn't come off as stupid to me. A stupid person wouldn't know the first thing to do to make that much money. She's just giving the people what they want! SEX SELLS! And she is having fun while doing it. It's not the rich people we should be mad at, it's the idiots that make them rich. Her music isn't all that bad.

Best Answer

She doesn't know, she has people telling her what to do. SHe's a puppet. Her manager would make her pull those stunts.

Best Answer

Well seems like something she enjoys. Either way she is making living off of it. How can we be mad because she is making her money?

Best Answer

She's a hillbilly **** ....And the sheep can't get enough of her !!!

Best Answer

Well the definition of slutt is "a woman who has many casual sexual partners."
How do you know how many people she has slept with?

Best Answer

Because she is worthless trash, That is why.

Best Answer

Sounds like envy to me.

Best Answer

Lol I have no envy of her. XD I'm sure my family has a better net worth than her, a more consistent one. I also love who I am.

Best Answer

So why are you so concerned about how they are making their money? Focus on how you will build up yours!

Best Answer

I am concerned with idiot celebrities and their influence on society.

Best Answer

Understandable. But people will be people. The true idiots are the ones who let celebrities influence them.

Best Answer

We don't need bigger idiots influencing the idiots.

Best Answer

I agree. This is why idiots shouldn't have children!

Best Answer

I don't know. I complain about rich celebrities.

Best Answer

Its not a usual thing I hear.

Best Answer