It's an unhealthy coping mechanism

Best Answer

Concidering my age,I can honestly say that I had never heard of these attention getting (cutters) it was absolutely unheard of back then.I ask myself,is the mentality of these young ones so fragile? I'de hate to see them as parents of young children.

Best Answer

Because people arent very smart with how they deal with emotions. Some do it as a distraction from themself (I don't really think this is a good reason to me its kind of stupid, you're just trading pain for pain) Others likes a few people i know in person do it for attention.

Best Answer

they dont have CAKE at there house

Best Answer

You didn't get out much before you joined EP, did you? I have met so many cutters. >.> I personally never understood it either.

Best Answer

I'm serious!!! I really have not met anyone!

Best Answer

Its actually quite common. Capitalist society degrades humanity and distances people. makes life extremely artificial. Young girls are constantly being told that they are not good enough and that they need more stuff.

Best Answer

If you look at the correlation between the countries that exhibit a large number of suicide victims nd "cutters", its usually developed and wealthy societies like the US, Canada, Japan, Scandanavia... countries which are considered a higher quality of life.

Best Answer

Thank you for explaining it to me!!!

Best Answer

I'm just sharing ideas, It doesn't mean anything solid really or give you a concrete reason why people do it. I am simply sharing my opinion on why this happens on our society...

Best Answer

I know!!! But,your opinion is rational!

Best Answer

to distract themselves from the emotional pain

Best Answer

some time person do that they need help and love.....

Best Answer

"And you bleed just to know youre alive"<br />
thats a part from Iris by the GooGoo Dolls....<br />
maybe thats why?

Best Answer

It depends on the person. I personally use to do it cause I wanted to feel alive when I would feel numb inside or like reality wasn't real. The pain would wake me out of the daze and watching the blood would assure me that I was alive. It's also an addiction so it can be quite hard for some people to quit and some will even relapse. I did. Don't do it anymore though. Sorry for the long answer I just felt like answering.

Best Answer

i do it cuz it calms me down<br />
and takes my pain away<br />
i love it<br />
the pain<br />
the scars<br />
amazing

Best Answer

OMG! :O

Best Answer

yepp did it just yesterday
in front of a friend who does it too
but i do it more

Best Answer

Why don't you take an alternate path!? like playing a piano, or a guitar,singing a song, screaming !etc

Best Answer

i sing

Best Answer

That should help you! :)

Best Answer

(: it does
sometimes the only thing that irritates me is when people look
-__-

Best Answer

why! Are you shy???

Best Answer

noo its just when im outside singing to a song
i get looks
its annoying
like im in american idol
-_-
im not shy of singing
i hate the attention&amp; i dont seek it

Best Answer