So my husband was trying to be funny and people think I should divorce him. Does marriage just mean when it gets tough you quit nowadays? I can understand if your being abused or something, but one practical joke? Marriage doesn't seem to mean what it used to. People seem to quit just because it gets hard. Makes me mad.
EmpowermentProject EmpowermentProject 31-35, F 8 Answers Jul 2, 2013 in Parenting & Family

Because women think that they can make it on their own ... which they can, if they don't have children. <br />
But, as everyone knows, it takes a village to raise a child (nevermind more than one) so unless you live in a house with your extended family mom, dad, uncles, aunts, cousins, grandma, grandpa, etc ... you had better think really hard about breaking the bond you swore to uphold ... marriage - there's no undoing the damage that it brings to children's lives ... don't do it.

Best Answer

I agree. People defiantly look at marriage as all warm and fuzzy and no work.

Best Answer

Curious as to what the 'joke' was?

Best Answer

It was just a stupid one. Flushing the toilet while I was showing. Really??? I should divorce him for that? People are retarted.

Best Answer

Yes it has become for so many just for the good times and they do not work at relationship its sad:-)

Best Answer