Maybe they didn't realize they were driving so slowly, until you tried to pass them.

Best Answer

Someone did that to me recently only the perso nwas going 20ks below & when I went around them they sped up so much that I nearly had a headon collision with someone comming the othe way & nearly hit their car as well trying to get back into the lane.Whoo What a close one.

Best Answer

They know I have a spike belt too throw out the window

Best Answer

It's a game for them I guess drives me crazy

Best Answer

Pride, sometimes also because they don't realize they are going slow and don't want to be passed (especially if it's a van or truck).<br />
I drive a car and don't like to have big vehicles get in front of me since it hinders my ability see see the road ahead. I also don't trust the person trying to pass me will maintain that speed and end up slowing me down. One final reason: I get annoyed when people switch lanes for the sake of doing so. It really bothers me.

Best Answer

i do it to annoy you :D

Best Answer

From what I've observed, there are two main reasons this happens:<br />
1) The Power Struggle: In this scenario, drivers misinterpret what is happening. They subconsciously feel like the other driver is getting it over on them or is trying to show them up. They may be suffering from a lack of control in their lives, feeling insecure in themselves, or be dealing with something frustrating at home or work. Consequently, they displace their negative feelings into the task of driving and turn a perfectly normal driving function into a power struggle where their ego hangs in the balance. <br />
2) The Spacey Driver: Some drivers do this because they are preoccupied or spacey and aren't paying attention to their speed. Then they become embarrassed when you pass them and speed up to overcome their embarrassment . However, watch them carefully. If they continue to speed up with you instead of settling on a consistent speed, then they more than likely the "power struggle" type. <br />
Here's what you can do in order to accomplish your goal of getting into the other lane: If they are the "power struggle" type, play along like you're joining along in the power struggle. Speed up as though you're trying to beat them. As they also speed up, suddenly slow down and swing in behind them while they zoom past going 100 mph. Best case scenario: They get pulled over by a cop. Second best: They feel dumb going fast because no one is trying to race them. Either way, you get what you wanted, which is simply to pass into the other lane in peace.<br />
- Danny, Licensed Counselor

Best Answer

What is it with the people who drive well under the speed limit until they come to a posted speed limit sign -- and then speed up to well OVER the speed limit? I hate that, too!

Best Answer

They are the same people - usually old guys wearing hats - that think just because they are going the speed limit they are entitled to drive in the passing lane of multi-lane highways.

Best Answer

OMG I hate when asswipes do that,,,, oh that would be why they do,, to... :)

Best Answer

I think its cause they're zoned out and don't even realize they're doing it, most of the time

Best Answer

just to **** me off I'm pretty sure

Best Answer

retarded moronic spastic dikheads?...

Best Answer

For some reason I tend to think that they are unconsciously competing with you.

Best Answer
Best Answer

I don't do that, I go at or 3mph below the limit. If I see somebody trying to over take, i actually move a bit to give them room and slow down just a little bit (when safe, checking all mirrors) to let them get past me quicker. <br />
Courtesy - the world needs more of it.

Best Answer