Like someone says something is wrong that you believe is right, or say something is wrong you believe to be right. Or the case where someones version of right is wrong, and wrong is right. I see this quite a bit with politics and religion. For example, the Republican view is that outlawing gay marriage is morally correct, while business regulations are morally wrong. The Democrat view is that outlawing gay marriage is morally wrong, while business regulations are morally correct.
ratburn ratburn 18-21 12 Answers May 8, 2012

I would say that most of what we get angry about has to do with our ideas about morality. So it's intrinsic to what we each find important. People who believe strongly in a certain ideology will have a passion for it, and they will believe that other people should feel the same way, generally for the benefit of society as a whole.

Best Answer

When one religion uses government to oppose its immoral values on others, it is a tyrannical taskmaster who causes those who are enslaved to those moral values to feel great pain. And it IS slavery. When I must work to pay taxes to support systems that I believe are immoral, and when MY pacifist religion has been made illegal thanks to a religion that disagrees, and the full force of the government stands behind that immoral value system, it becomes slavery.<br />
Any trapped animal will lash out in anger. It's an instinct. The answer is for christianity to get out of government, and for government to allow me the right to practice my non-violent religion. Then I have the freedom to treat others with equality and justice.

Best Answer

I believe it all has to do with the ego. When you disagree with someone's morals they feel like it is a personal attack. You think you are superior to them and their belief systems.

Best Answer

People fear what they don't understand.

Best Answer

Because in many cases you're atacking a belief that they themselves may not have given much thought. They often will not have any answer ofther than "I believe it's wrong." People are comfortable with being told things are wrong, they aren't always comfortable when you explain why. Other moral issues spawn psuedoscientific/scientific responses, then it becomes a battle of facts. When morals are opposed people can be actually offended and get emotional and when emotions are overly involved it ruins any point being made.<br />
The most common example is homosexuality, There is nothing good or bad about being gay. People who are against gay rights such as marriage often have fear ba<x>sed reasons that are always ba<x>seless. Such as it leading to "gay indoctrination", acceptance of ********** and **********, and "is against god's will". In fact when a lawyer was asked at a hearing "what have been the negative impacts of gay marriage in the state, since gay marriage has been legalized" He could not think of a single thing that would hold up in a court of law.<br />
In short, morality is either religiously mandated (homosexuality, murder, theft, etc) or legally mandated (anti-sodomy laws, prostitution laws, segregation laws). When laws that are religiously ba<x>sed are challenged in court, the typical ruling is that unless they can find any legally admissable reasons for staying on the books, they are often struck down as being unjustifiable. That's why sodomy laws, laws against vibrators, and other laws against "Immoral" behavior are often rendered null.

Best Answer

Some people don't know how to accept others for who they are. For some, accepting other's morals means their own way of thinking is being threatened, as if only one person can be right and one person has to be wrong.

Best Answer

because people stick to their point of views like if it were a matter of life and death

Best Answer

The majority of people are set against any other opinion besides there own.<br />
Then there are the few like myself that will listen to others and actually think about the possibility if it is good or not.

Best Answer

I think because they have no control over this issue at hand.

Best Answer