SilverScorpion SilverScorpion 18-21, F 24 Answers Dec 21, 2012 in Romance & True Love

Not everyone focuses on looks, however, it is no secret that men are visual, women are emotional. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and it is the connection one begins to feel when viewing someone who is visually appealing to him/her. Relationships begin on initial attraction where the initial focus often leads to a deeper focus. Note however, that the saying, "beauty is only skin deep" suggests that looks can only go so far. So, although in the beginning looks may play their role in relationships, they certainly do not compose an entire relationship where the primary focus ultimately ends up being.

Best Answer

your EP username suits you :)

Best Answer

Aww thank you. :)

Best Answer

I think you hit the nail on the head with this comment, SmartSweet1. Looks are about "initial" attraction. Once a relationship develops, they matter less than other things. That said, I still maintain that looks are in the eye of the beholder. Each one of us has individual tastes when it comes to who we think looks good, and sometimes those tastes change over time and due to life experiences.

Best Answer

I might add paskyno that it is not only just life's experiences, but the experiences we share with whomever we are in a relationship with. Sometimes the good ones can make someone even more attractive not only on the inside but the outside exudes radiance as well. Conversely, the not so good ones can often turn the other individual into a not so attractive person often causing one to think, "what in the world was I thinking?!" lol People are like mood rings at times, they can be very vibrant and pretty, or can be a murky brown gray depending on what their true colors are on the inside.

Best Answer

Because you don't have sex with a persons mind or personality.

Best Answer

It seems to me that looks are almost entirely in the eye of the beholder, so it doesn't really matter anyway. A person might consider themselves physically unattractive, but the truth is that they will be very attractive to some and not to others. The same is true in reverse. That's why, Elephant Man-style extremes aside, it's usually better to focus on your personality and the way you act in social situations and let the physical chips fall where they may.

Best Answer

Are we talking "beautiful hearts"?

Best Answer

The worse relationship I ever had was with someone who was not my type visually , she was ugly inside and out .

Best Answer

I disagree. Have you ever tried being in a relationship with someone whose only quality was looks? It's impossible. Personality goes a loooooong way and I'd personally be willing to compromise if it meant getting someone with a great personality and a great connection. <br />
Obviously, looks count as well and they are the most easy quality to establish. So, people tend to start from that.

Best Answer

Because (condition of) the heart is not visible like the looks.<br />
It is not unusual to go by what is visible.

Best Answer

Pretty much everyone is shallow and wants the perfect sexual partner, but they still want a person that treats them right as well, even if they don't do the same. And when they can't find anyone who has both those qualities, they compromise by either finding someone with the latter and/or having continuous romantic affairs.

Best Answer

Women only care about looks and income. They won't take the time to see a persons character.

Best Answer

Well most of us are visual creatures. It's usually the physical appearance that attracts us first. Then possibly, all the love stuff comes sometime after that. And in time the physical appearance will no longer matter. Unless the person is a douche .. Lol

Best Answer

initially we find good looking pplattractive to the eye but at the end of the day its how youget on with someone

Best Answer

ever heard the ex<x>pression "do what i say, not what i do"

Best Answer

This is simply human nature. You get attracted to something se'xy. Then personalty comes in second, Who would want to **** a mad mutant? nobody

Best Answer

Because people lie all the time, some pathologically.

But mostly to be polite or politically correct, from worry of what others might think.

Best Answer