SilenceEvermore SilenceEvermore 22-25 15 Answers Feb 21, 2013 in WTK

Well, I'm not certain. My brother said to me once, "I used to have a superiority complex...but now I'm just perfect."

Best Answer

:)))

Best Answer

When people are told from a young age to be great and achieve much,<br />
they will strive for that no matter what.<br />
Humility is not touted as awesome nearly as much as famous/rich/powerful.<br />
It's basically a symptom of the class system societies reinforce

Best Answer

What you perceive to be a superiority complex might just be a matter-of-fact tone of voice. I'm often told that I have some kind of snooty complex, but really it's just the way I speak. <br />
For those that truly do have superiority complexes, I think the reasons in forming them are more complex than low self-esteem. I actually think our society (wherein confidence is the "key" to success in every avenue of living) fuels the idea that everyone *has* to be superior at something, or else we are useless.

Best Answer

Sometimes. But then other times people just aren't aware of how douche-y they are.

Best Answer

oh, I'm aware. :P

Best Answer

Narcissistic personality disorder<br />
some people are just delusional

Best Answer

According to Friedrich Nietzsche, only a few people can be better than the rest. When we fall into the "herd" is when we become inferior. Problem is people are satisfied being stupid and don't think twice about advancing themselves. Those who have superiority complexes and have low self esteem are confused (they probably just foolish douches), those who have superiority complexes with high self esteem are the ones who make sense. But in conclusion, if you as a person feels someone has a superiority complex, what are you doing to let them be superior, or better yet, what are you not doing?

Best Answer

it compensates what they are lacking inside of them....to hide from appearing weak.

Best Answer

everyone likes to think they are special...some people just believe it.

Best Answer

Usually that, I think, but sometimes its also people who were taught from early childhood on that they are the best and 'better' than others, for whatever reasons... usually guys.

Best Answer

I think it has a lot to do with self-esteem issues, yes. Immaturity and insecurity.

Best Answer

usually two reasons:<br />
1. low self-esteem<br />
2. grew up in a sheltered environment where they really were the best at a lot of things. when they get out into the real world it can be a shock.

Best Answer

It's complex stuff. Generally someone power played them and they are rebelling against the power play by joining them and trying to become more powerful or becoming a total rebel.

Best Answer

I beleive it's usually exactly that

Best Answer