Please understand that i'm not asking this question to make dog lovers mad or because I hate dogs. I really don't. I'm just curious about why this seemingly outnumbered population of dog owners choose the massive responsibility of a dog as opposed to countless other rewarding pet choices that are less work, hassle, demands, and expense?
PurpleDandelion PurpleDandelion 31-35, F 17 Answers Jul 27, 2012

I think dogs smell, are obnoxious, and loud. I can't stand it when they jump up on you and or want to lick you. Just gross.

Best Answer

we own a dog b/c it makes our family complete. they are special creatures, loaded with personality, loyalty, and their only aim is to love you. they bring a special enthusiasm to each member of our family, teach our children not only responsibility, but how to love and care for an animal to whose care we have committed ourselves.

and you're right; owning a dog responsibly is a huge commitment, and not all people consider this before undertaking ownership. We choose to do this b/c with a dog you can forge a relationship with them is truly unique among domesticated animals.

Best Answer

Because animals are better than people

Best Answer

Cause they are adoreable, loyal and crack me up!

Best Answer

cuz dogs are better than all those other pets!

Best Answer

much moray friendly than most people...

Best Answer

Where I live, it is a form of protection, they are the best alarm with their barking and growling and can pick up sounds and smells that humans can not. My dogs sleep inside at night for that very reason. Also, the way they bark - you can tell if somethings up or if it is just a playful bark etc, a dog can also smell fear and will react. However, they are very well treated and loved at the same time - but yes, a lot of work and expensive to feed.

Best Answer

Because they are allergic to cats.

Best Answer

Some people are born with a hole in their heart where a puppy fits perfectly or two or three; ) without a dog, I feel sad, lonely, like there is something important absent from my life. I have kids, a hubs, a good family, without my dogs I'm not whole. Only dog people can really get it though. Plus they reduce stress, entertain the crap outta me, and don't judge me ever : )

Best Answer

I don't get dogs... their humor confounds me.

Best Answer

I don't like them either.

Best Answer

mans best friend...of course...

Best Answer

I love my dogs like my children..They love you no matter what you say or how you look..They never judge you and NEVER talk back

Best Answer

Because you can't have the same sort of relationship that you have with a dog with too many other animals.

Best Answer