BigSexyMama BigSexyMama 31-35, F 22 Answers Feb 25, 2010

They don't like real life.

Best Answer

some reasons that people get high on drugs:<br />
1. boredom<br />
2. wanting to fit in/be accepted<br />
3. a temporary fix for psychological problems or personal issues, a soother for negative things in your life. It changes your mood and makes you forget some things/distracts.(Remember no one gets high on a drug they don't like/enjoy the effects of unless they are addicted)<br />
4. It enhances the experience of something else or it adds to the "atmosphere"(makes things more fun than they would be ordinarily, or more interesting)<br />
5. for some people they say it makes them more creative(depends on drug). also it may inspire one to find solutions to problems.<br />
6. as a spiritual tool to assist in finding spiritual insights(again, it depends. some drugs have no spiritual component and actually hinder that)<br />
7. some people, it's just never enough. They need to be excessive about everything and are greedy for a feeling or state of mind, and they think that more is always better when in fact more is not always better.<br />
8. The drug someone chooses to get high on gives you an idea of why they choose to get high on it, based on its effects. Whatever the effects are, they want more of it. There are stimulants(uppers), sedatives(downers), and hallucinogens, then there are the prescription drugs. You will find that certain kids of people do certain kinds of drugs, and live a certain kind of lifestyle. Usually they have an underlying problem they'd be better off getting therapy for. The worse off someone is the more underlying problems they are trying to avoid actually resolving.

Best Answer

A few people have said that it's only to escape reality and other negative things, and while this is true for many (maybe even most these days), that's not the case for everyone. Like others have said, it depends on the person, the drug, how often it happens, and a lot of other factors. Such a question can not just be answered fully and simply in this type of environment...

Best Answer

Since the dawn of man humans have sought to alter their consciousness. Other animals do to: example: when pyracantha berries ferment, birds gorge on them, get wasted and fly into windows and crash.

Best Answer

Some people have some medical problem they have to rely on the drugs for the treatment. Some person have stress & depression problem they have to rely on the drugs for the cure. Their are people which have insomnia they have to depend upon the medical treatment. For the different causes the people depend upon the drugs.

Best Answer

Its funny. I've seen this question asked on many sites and its always the same thing. People always taking account for other people like they sleep on your couch. They do it because of this. They do it because of that. First off, The question SHOULD BE why do PEOPLE get high. Oh you dont get high? didnt drink on your 21st? or what about your wedding reception? didnt even think about a joint? sure some dont, they would rather take a shot. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO EXCAPE YOUR OWN WEDDING? or is it because you are sharing this time with the ones you love and you truely want to make the best with it. i get hight to form bonds with those around me. one would say "addiction" if it were someones life goal. i say its a way for you to accomplish something in life. everybody is sober and sure, its right, wonderful, so when you and the ones close to you experience life in a new light, it brings unity. Thats why I get high. I dont know about you.

Best Answer

lack of lifeskills

Best Answer

many reasons, many people, many drugs.<br />
Why do people drink, smoke?<br />
Why are some people health concious?

Best Answer

Escapism. To get into an altered reality.

Best Answer

Because they are tryin to numb the pain they have inside

Best Answer

Ask them!

Best Answer

To get relief with weed, from pain with my other meds. <br />
To want to stay high on drugs, is an escape from an unhappy life, faced with futility.

Best Answer

I've only had 2 drugs...Marijuana which I didn't care too much for b/c It made me feel dumb and I gained 10lbs from having the munchies all the time but smoked it all the time b/c my then boyfriend was a true POTHEAD and I thought that would bring us closer together. . And ecstasy, I tried it b/c it was my 21st B-day and I wanted to "be bad" I absolutely loved it... It made me feel like I was unstoppable, like I was the most beautiful person in the world and like my skin was made of silk and that everyone every where loved me. Every time someone touched me I felt like the were as soft as clouds..... I liked it way too much and never touched it again.

Best Answer

when i got my tooth pulled they gave me something and i felt so good like i was floating on clouds. i assume that's why.<br />
it's make you feel good! good! good! good!

Best Answer