biddingtime biddingtime 36-40, F 31 Answers May 22, 2009

Because sometimes the truth hurts.

Best Answer

there is a difference between honest advise and an honest insult, example i thought a joke was funny and the pers-on responded with, something to the effect, that is was becuse i was inbred. and theres advise without judgement, example-if i did something and asked if you thought it was wrong and you said yes, that would be honest, or yes how could you be so stupid, is an insult

Best Answer

because they're dumbells..Why bother to ask if you're gonna get a chip on your shoulder about it? I HATE it when that happens....

Best Answer

The truth hurts.................................but a good friend would tell them the truth even though it might hurt.

Best Answer

i think one can be honest without tramping all over people. No it's not sugar coating its just saying things directly but with a bit of compassion.<br />
I agree that most people dont want the truth, at some stage in our lives, we've all asked questions that we dont really want the answer to...<br />
There is also a difference between insulting someone and answering a question.<br />
Ulimatley how ever much it hurts, "the truth shall set you free"

Best Answer

I've often wondered that myself. I've gotten to the point now where I will just say to them, that I'm not the right person to ask. I'll tell them that unless they want brutal honesty, don't ask me. I've learned that I'm not going to change who I am, because you asked for my opinion. I use tact and I'm not confrontational at all, but if you asked, then you should know that some people are a lot more honest than others.

Best Answer

Because you gave them a mirror, i.e., you just told them in their face what they knew all along but have been denying or refusing to accept.

Best Answer

People only get mad when they don't like the answer. They expect you to agree with them. If they knew you wouldn't, they wouldn't have asked.

Best Answer

They thouyght it would be sugarcoated to their tastes, but maybe they need to get a bitter taste as well.

Best Answer

This is a stupid question.

Best Answer

'Sometimes, the truth hurts', weather you 'like it or not'

Best Answer

:)<br />
because its not honesty they are asking for, its affirmation..dip out on "helping" when someone asks...or just tell them, you'll tell them the truth, or if they'd prefer, just ask their mom- that way they get what they wanted and you dont have to feel the conundrum

Best Answer

I am someone who doesn't sugar coat, and if asked, and sometimes when I'm not asked, I give a completely straightforward answer. People respect me more for it, and come to me when they want to REALLY know the truth. <br />
In other words, don't sweat it!

Best Answer

In my opinion, people only want to hear what they want to hear and when the truth is bluntly stated they get pissed because they don't want to accept it. They can't cope right away so they just want to be eased into the truth. I think it's the best way of 'training someone'.

Best Answer

because they are looking for truth- ob<x>jectivity ob<x>jectivity is what honesty is. But most people mistake their own warped or limited view of the world as 'honest'- when it is far from honest. And the most aggravating and hurtful part for them is that they trusted YOU because they thought you were level headed enough to give them an ob<x>jective opinion- and what they probably got was your personal preference on the way you percieve it.

Best Answer

Einstein has asked that very question. In his words. " Why is it when one is confronted by a lie they demand the truth. But when confronted by the truth they perfer a lie."

Best Answer

Some people like to live in a fantasy world. They'd rather hear that they're *not* fat, *not* lazy, *not* boring, etc. <br />
This afternoon one of my good friends called me with an outrageous idea. She wants to request a vacation from her job to do volunteer work, even though she's in an enormous amount of debt. She asked me what I thought of it and I told her -- straight up --- don't do it. <br />
She sounded so bummed, like I really hurt her feelings. What was I supposed to do? Let her go and put herself into more trouble? I only mean well.

Best Answer

Well, I learned to NEVER ask for anyone's opinion, as my feelings get hurt too easily. I tell my husband to please lie to me about how I look cause I can't handle the truth.

Best Answer

Maybe because you didnt say your opinion in a nice way

Best Answer

THEY SHOULDN'T ASK FOR YOUR OPINION, BECAUSE 99.7 PERCENT OF THE TIME THEY ARE GOING TO DO WHAT THE CRAP THEY WANT ANYWAYS...BUT, IF I AM ASKED MY OPINION I TELL THEM HOW I TRULY FEEL

Best Answer