I've plaaced1st, 2nd and 3rd on the comment and questions of the day a few times since I joined this site, and I've gotten ugly messages and comments from people, who either accuse me of 'hogging the glory' or of cheating. (How the h3ll would anyone 'cheat' on that anyway?) I feel happy for winners, and I admire them. I wouldn't equate myself with Lance Armstrong, but he seems to have quite a following... and although I envy his talent, I wouldn' t write 'hate mail' to him... but I receive it. What's up with THAT?
fishsweeper fishsweeper 51-55, F 36 Answers May 4, 2012

That's what we call HATERS (Having Anger Towards Everyone Reaching Success).<br />
They are people who get pissed off at one's success because they're jealous and insecure about themselves. Don't let them get into you and instead of getting mad at them, try to understand them.

Best Answer

Some people have so little to worry about and get angry about - that's why. Why sweat the small stuff... there are bigger things to get upset about.

Best Answer

Well , people get JEALOUS ... it isn't that they are PI^SSED .... Jealousy makes folks do some really weird things ..

Best Answer

Jealousy and Insecurity..... we had Irritating old folks back then that lived in the same apartment block with us and hell !!!! they have issues... but on the bright side, they are now gone.. good riddance.

Best Answer

uummm sorry but just have to laugh after reading ur details..........

Best Answer

Yeah...Pretty stupid,eh? I just HATE the 'down side' of humanity!

Best Answer

In this free country where we are taught from a very young age that we can achieve almost anything we wish by setting goals and applying ourselves; why is it the Prez is trying to make people believe that those achieve success should be punished for it? Puts out there that one had to cheat to get that far.<br />
Like my mom use to say "There are three kinds of people. Those who work hard to get there, those who don't care but applaud your your efforts and are happy for you, and those who just complain, not about their shortcomings, but about your abilities."

Best Answer

Wow, that's weird. I've heard of some strange reason for people getting upset here, but that's a new one to me.

Best Answer

this world is full of ignorant, pathetic boring people who love to bring down other just because they are in a state of ****, ignore them, well done

Best Answer

Yep have to say everyone is right...jealousy!

Best Answer

Those people usually have a IQ about one above plantlife and have never expierenced success

Best Answer

Jealousy<br />
down under we call that the tall poppy syndrome<br />
STOP HOGGING THIS SITE - lol

Best Answer

Look who's talking! LOL

Best Answer

jealousy i guess

Best Answer

I can only imagine that it's jealousy.

Best Answer

jealousy mostly... don't let it get to you.

Best Answer

It's difficult NOT to let it get to me. I must not have a very 'tough' hide! It sorta takes the fun out off it when people do thiings like that, don't you think?

Best Answer

Oh yes, I agree with you. Just remember that whoever is being nasty is a thousand miles away at least and is probably a fat b**tard sat at his PC in his underwear getting kicks from making people upset....
Yeah, it takes some of the fun out of it but life is like that, sometimes it sucks. When it gets to me I usually just switch it off and go do something else, play a game, go out for a breather, etc.. heck, turn EP off for a day and come back later more than likely the horrible oik will have found some other poor person to annoy.

Best Answer

LOL... Thanks!

Best Answer

Wonderful answer!

Best Answer

I do not become angry or p'ssed off or jealous. I actually see the success of others and draw hope for my own worthless, meaningless, useless , senseless existance

Best Answer

No one has worthless,meaningless or has a senseless life, including you! You've made me happy responding to my post... That's something worthwhile,isn't it?

Best Answer

yes it is wow thank you

Best Answer

maybe they are angry at those who are succesful now and were all friends before this and now they have there success dont want to know them anymore i would not think its jealousy they are hurt that there friends dont want to know them anymore because of their success .

Best Answer

Why do some people get pissed off at people who are successful? <br />
Jealously mostly. There's no point in being jealous of failures, so they are jealous of those who are successful. <br />
They believe that life is a zero-sum game. If somebody else is successful, that explains why they are not. The successful person must have stolen what rightful should have gone to the bitter complainer.They do not understand that they could be successful too if they got their *** in gear and did something or made something that other people would see as worthwhile and pay them or honor them for doing. Instead they think look at Joe. He has a good business. He makes money. That should be me making all that money. I hate that bastard Joe. He's making money in a business I wish I owned. I probably could be successful and have money if had that business that damned Joe started. It's his fault that I don't own a successful business.

Best Answer

ok! It is not only they get angry at those who r more successful! They sometimes become their enemies and and anybody's enemy if they realized they are more powerful, more spiritual or have any positive trait better rhan them!!! OMG! Can describe them onlly by "mean and low maintained"! There where toxic personsons get created!

Best Answer

because they are simply just jealous that they weren't able to reach the point you did.

Best Answer

I would guess a lot of people want the success without having to do the work to get it. I'm not bothered, but kudos to those who have achieved it :-)

Best Answer