Anticleia Anticleia 22-25, F 17 Answers Jul 6, 2009

It's self deception, They begin to forget how hard it was to clean up and see no harm in doing just one more time. The next thing you see is the hard core addict that is out of control all over again. We all romanticize about the past and if drugs were your thing you'll only remember the good times you had while using.

Best Answer

Opiates are hardcore. It's tough to kick them. My mom was sober for 6 months and now she's back on them. She was somehow getting opium as a persc<x>ription drug. Her doctor refuses to give them to her now, so now she's getting them off the street. She slipped me one once (I guess because she wanted to see how I would act on drugs), and now I completely understand how someone could become so addicted to something like that. It

Best Answer

Its an addiction. It is not so simple as "lack of self-control".. the body has tasted something that has altered its chemical make-up and that change leaves an imprint that will never go away. You can look at it as a scar that reminds you of the horror you escaped, or you can see it as a tattoo that reminds you of something you really enjoyed. <br />
Your attitude determines when you go back or IF you go back. Your attitude will determine how strong you are because if you have a good attitude and the right attitude you will know this is something that you cannot fully control and therefore must always be surrounded by people who are ready to help, ready to listen and ready to lock the door and cut the ties to any supply - because they love you.

Best Answer

Be cause many people have additions in life it is not only heroin addicts that repeat their behavior. I have learned that addicts of any kind, skyjumpers, an abused woman, a child with his favorite toy, a drug addict all have had stimulation of certain nerves of the brain. This happens when our "joy factory" in the brain secretes "happy harmones". So the next time to make us happy we need more of what made us that way. <br />
Now some manage for a time to put down what ever stimulated us but in high levels of stress or anxiety is usually when we "fall off the wagon" so to speak. But I found even if they dont have high levels of stress or anxiety they can still "fall of the wagon". I think its because perhaps there is a buildup of some kind of harmone in the brain. When the brain becaoms over loaded with this build up it knocks off balance so much so that we must have whatever it was up to and including heroin, to make ourselves feel better again.<br />
The trick to solving the reoccurance of addition is finding a substitute that will help stimulate the same "happy feelings" but is not harmful to us.

Best Answer

Because they want to die!...They do not have any Self <br />
Confidence!

Best Answer

addiction sucks. Just because you are clean and sober for a year, 5 years, 20 years, you are still an addict. If you are are not doing the things you do to keep yourself sober on daily basis, you run the risk of relapse. The longer you are away from doing the right thing, the more likely you are to go back doing the wrong thing.

Best Answer

Because they didn't have enough pain the first time around. I am a recovering heroin addict and have been clean 4 years. I have thought about using again, but I follow the senario all the way through, and remember all the pain it caused me. I don't want to go back there. Another reason may be because they are suicidal. Depression will make us do these things. Also, in my opinion, with the help of drugs to take away withdrawl symptoms, it makes it too easy for an addict to get clean. Feel no pain? Will do it again.

Best Answer

when your addicted to something/anything that addiction lives inside you dormant waiting for the first sign of weakness...its never out of your system and its easy to fall back into old ways no matter how long its been be it a week or ten years...addiction is addiction is addiction...which is why its best to get away from any form of temptation... <br />
It could be a moment of weakness a moment of madness or a crutch.

Best Answer

Hi Anticleia<br />
because it is that good. It fits perfectly in the pleasure centers. It never lets go. It eclipses all else which seems grey after. That is my guess. <br />
:)

Best Answer

Addiction is a son of a *****. <br />
As an alcoholic, I can say: relapse is a reality. No matter how long you are sober. <br />
Get with it, or don't **** with it.

Best Answer

I expect the same reason smokers go back to smoking, though with a lot more problems. It must be really hard for these people, especially as I understand heroin is extremely addictive, but if you know anyone who has gone back to heroin, remember they gave up once, with love and support and possibly tough love, they can seek help again.

Best Answer