I understand it might be your passion and all, but many people go after majors, that there is a super slim chance of landing a job.. Like 15th Century Mongolian Art History or Classic Literature of Atlantis. Then they get upset because they can't find a job in their field of expertise.
BigJohnnyNC BigJohnnyNC 46-50, M 13 Answers Jul 31, 2012

It's like nice clothes. It gets people to look at you

Best Answer

u need college degree or u will never get job at star bucks

Best Answer

Same reason people get married. That little piece of paper makes them think their more legit than the rest of us.

Best Answer

Which? Green Lantern or Na Na Na Na Na Na Naaaa Batman!

Best Answer

I'm glad I read your explanation. Yes, you are right those degrees are only good to teach the subject. On the other hand, by graduating you've proven that you have acquired some valuable skills: You can read and write. You can compete and at least graduate. You stick to a task long enough to complete it with a passing grade. You can research material and write a report on what you learned that uses good grammar. When a national study was done as to why a person interviewed wasn't hired the general reasons were inability to do simple math, write so that one could understand what was being said, identify that there was a problem, solve simple problems and ask for advice. College degrees, no matter the subject at least should show that a person has those skills. Many companies want to teach a new employee how they want the job done anyway.

Best Answer

Because it's not politically correct to acknowledge that job performance is tied directly to IQ, so the bosses have to have some screening device, which is basically that if you are so dumb as to be so patient as to graduate, then you can be manipulated, because the people with brains (Bill Gates) won't stick around for such foolishness, they will be out in the world actually doing things.

Best Answer

thats what i thinking,

Best Answer

Because it's expected of us to do just that. If you don't, you're automatically thought of as a failure, or "less than".

Best Answer

For me, it was just about finishing something.

Best Answer

Because it was worth it.

Best Answer

simon says you can take two baby steps, may I

Best Answer