flipper1966 flipper1966 56-60, M 16 Answers Nov 19, 2012 in Hobbies

They perpetuate a social structure that only affords justice and civil rights to the wealthy.

Best Answer

outstanding response!

Best Answer

Didn't forget. Court appointed lawyers work FOR THE COURT. They are often friendly with the officials there and their interest is in moving a case along, NOT always defending civil liberties. Hack my ***.

Best Answer

I like lawyers. My dad's a lawyer.

Best Answer

A.) They make up a majority of politicians.<br />
B.) As a result of A.), they have written law so that they can benefit with the least amount of risk and the highest possible return for themselves.<br />
C.) They benefit disproportionately from the misfortune of others.<br />
D.) Some must present and promote difficult positions with credibility. They are a purchased advocate.

Best Answer

"They benefit disproportionately from the misfortune of others." -- So do undertakers!

Best Answer

I don't see the analogy.

Best Answer

That's because you're an ape.

Best Answer

Let me guess-you're an attorney?

Best Answer

Yesh!

Best Answer

So, what is your position on tort reform. Specifically "Loser pays"?

Best Answer

They're easy targets. We mostly need them when we are in some kind of trouble or distress and it irks us to know they are getting rich off our problems. Also, there are some who are just sleazy. <br />
I've known some good lawyers who are very nice people.

Best Answer

Lawyers are scummy people.<br />
I doubt that anyone ever became a lawyer for any reason other than dreams of money and power and living in the White House.<br />
It would be a better country if we would just stop voting for lawyers. No more lawyers in politics!

Best Answer

Easy targets. Too many of them advertising on TV any more. I have a good friend that is a very respected attorney, with the highest peer review ratings. His firm, that he and his father had founded, had a TV commercial several years ago that asked if anyone that been involved with an train in an accident. I called him Choo-Choo for a couple of years after that.

Best Answer

Sometimes you have to hire an attorney. They aren't cheap. There are times when things go bad and an attorney can't be much help.

Best Answer

Theyre like vaccum cleaners but the dirtbag is on the outside =)

Best Answer

People also tell dead baby jokes. I just saying...when it comes to humor, one shouldn't be surprised that perversion is par for the course.

Best Answer

blood sucking bastards. ppl are just walking wallets to them

Best Answer

talk to one, it will answer your question profoundly.

Best Answer

I am one!

Best Answer

don't talk to yourself in public then, people will hate you and think you are crazy! (my sister is one too and she hates most of them)

Best Answer

The fact that you would ask this question makes it obvious.

Best Answer

I know a few lawyers and don't hate them at all; one of them is even a personal injury lawyer and he is a very nice person. My cousin, who I am close to, is a lawyer.<br />
There are lawyers that are nice folks and lawyers that are scum, just like any other segment of the population. I think the the scummy ones tend to be more visible and that influences peoples' opinions. Also, many politicians, especially ones that float to the top, are lawyers and politicians have their whole set of attributes that don't necessarily endear themselves to many people. <br />
As far as the jokes, I don't think any group of people is immune to being the butt of a joke. There are mean jokes about men, mean jokes about women; mean jokes about many different ethnic and social groups. I am willing to bet that I have heard more blonde jokes than lawyer jokes and I am blonde. <br />
Now I am curious, what branch of law do you practice?

Best Answer

If you have ever dealt with the process from start to finish following a lawyers steps and how the process works it would be a no brainer why. The do things specifically to drag the process on which costs both sides more money. Then throw into it that judges know and let it go on. Then throw into it the system lets such frivolous suits into court to begin with.

Best Answer

'guess you are one?!

Best Answer

Yesh!

Best Answer

I thought so. My uncle used to asked that too :)

Best Answer