Cause its a pile of vile ignorant shite

Best Answer

Christianity was not the first nor the only religion to teach about a spiritual paradise, or heaven. Just because someone does not believe in the bible does not mean that they can't believe in a spiritual afterlife. <br />
I don't hate the bible. It's just a book. I do hate the people who use it as an excuse to be hateful to others just because their beliefs are different. <br />
Who are you to tell people that they can't believe in certain aspects of Christianity just because they disagree with the bible? It's not cool for them to insult you and your religion unprovoked but with questions like this where you're sounding self-rightous and combatative off the bat, I say you get whatever comments you deserve.

Best Answer

I said the "bible" taught us that. Other religions and believers read and use the bible as their standard, not just Christians.

Best Answer

The bible is the name for the Christian religious text. The Jewish people have the Torah. The Muslims have the Koran. The Hindu have the Bhagavad gita. When speaking of the bible, it is generally assumed that one is speaking of the Christian religious text. These religions, while sharing some similarities, and for some of them origins with Christianity, do not use the Christian bible.

Best Answer

The point is, the bible is the word of God and heaven is from God.

Best Answer

From a Christian perspective, yes. But to present this as the only perspective, and say others have no right to believe in it if they don't believe in your religious text, does not show the respect you say we should have for one another. I respect your strong faith, but I dislike your elitist attitude. Corinthians 11:1 tells us to be Christlike. Jesus had tolerance for gentiles and other non believers. He humbled himself to society's worst rather than just fussing at them/ about them. You should do the same.

Best Answer

To quote Gandih "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians they are so unlike your Christ". That just about sums it up.

Best Answer

People who hate the Bible don't understand history.

Best Answer

I don't hate the bible... I just dislike the people who preach about ANY religion and talk down to people as if they were inferior because they don't follow it blindly without question.

Best Answer

Haters gonna hate.

Best Answer

Preach it, sister!

Best Answer

Dont take what many of them say to heart. They are just venting and want a good old debate thats all. You should be happy you started people talking so many other posts are dead!

Best Answer

because it's a big book with a lot of old stuff in it that no one cares about.

Best Answer

People sometimes hate people who hold different beliefs to them, Nazi's as an obvious example, who believed in eugenics. It's because of the huge negative affect they believe it has on them, humanity or something they care about. Personally I don't hate the bible itself, I see the pain being caused but it would happen without it, I hate the human mindset that causes it really. Also the idea of heaven is older than the bible, it exists in much older religions than Christianity.

Best Answer

I would say that people hate the bible due to all of the atrocities committed in the name of Christ. If Christians were to look first to their own behaviour - emulating Christ's love for their fellowman, showing kindness, etc... instead of demanding that everyone else conform... Many would still disbelieve, but would be much less hateful about it.

Best Answer

Because you're Christian,, it doesn't mean you'll never sin again. That's why it calls for everyone to follow Jesus' example. Christians are called to be Christ 'like', not to be Christ.

Best Answer

I think that maybe more people realise that the Bible is a collection of books, from different Authors, the first Gospel being included some 74 years after the death of Jesus, now I don't know about you, but it's my guess that when I die, no one is going to remember much about me 74 years after my death, in fact, I would say that no one will remember me at all. Certainly no one will know my likes, dislikes, my personality etc. So I guess that more people are becoming scepticle. Having said that, I have always maintained, that whatever your belief, you would be hard pushed to deny that if more people were to follow Christs guidance on how to live your life, then the worls would be a happier place to dwell.

Best Answer

Actually, Christians aren't the only ones that believe in heaven. And I don't think the Bible actually says heaven is only for Christians either.

Best Answer

I don't agree, but it doesn't matter because like I said other religions believe in heaven so the Bible isn't the only place for this concept.

Best Answer

I agree and I NEVER said that Christians are the only ones that believe in the bible. I said the only way we all know about heaven, is through the bible, Christian or not.

Best Answer

True, but I didn't mention anything about Christians. I was talking about heaven and how we came to know of it, which is through the bible, whether we believe in it or not.

Best Answer

I'm saying you can get the concept of heaven without the Bible so there is no conflict of logic. Lots of people believe in that people go to that sort of place. All religions overlap with other religions and share beliefs with other idealogies.

Best Answer

Did you read the question? Has nothing to do with being a Christian or not.

Best Answer

I think perhaps it's you who aren't quite following our responses. Your question directly concerns the Bible and heaven which is what we are responding to. Don't jump to anger just because we see things differently. It's perfectly possible to have a discussion without getting rude. I did try to clarify my point to you in as clear a manner as possible.

Best Answer

There are so many things that humans did not know until their read it in the Bible or they could have known had they read their Bibles.The Bible tells us the world if round and is just floating out in space yet humans did not even confirm it till 1400's.The Bible says all humans have their own numbers 3000 yrs ago and now we know we each have our our unique DNA number.And so many other things written.

Best Answer

so people who don't believe in the words of the Bible go to hell right? so would you sit idle watching non-believers you can possibly save go to hell?

Best Answer

Ha ha, that's YOUR fear.

Best Answer

so you're saying you don't care?

Best Answer

If you believe in hell, you got to believe in heaven and the bible. It all comes together. Why out of the entire bible, 'hell' is the only thing that interest you? And it's not what you thing it is.

Best Answer

you have yet to answer both of my questions....

Best Answer

Actually I like the old version, it's poetic.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

I think it may be because the Bible tells people how to live and says that lots of behaviors and practices are sinful. People don't like to hear that they are sinful, in my opinion.

Best Answer

There are many different ideas about what heaven is, and about the path to get there. It's hard to believe there is a heaven with out a hell after all there is "good" and "evil". And maybe people hate the Bible beacuse it doesn't fit into thier "religion" or thier frightened about what's inside. After all ignorance is fear. I personaly believe it and try to live my life by it. So, am I any better than the next person? No, just a sinner saved by grace..

Best Answer