hariprashanth hariprashanth 18-21, M 21 Answers Dec 22, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

It is not love. Love is not possessive. Possession is ownership. You possess a car or a house or a chair, not a living being and certainly not a partner.

Best Answer

What kind of love do you talk about. Love is to be happy for other's happiness. And, being possessive, you kill happiness. Or do you only care about your happiness?

Best Answer

^^^^ right.

Best Answer

uh... no it isnt.

Best Answer

I guess possessiveness is like salt...I need some to feel adequately desired but too much destroys the relationship. I don't want to spend all my time reassuring someone.

Best Answer

You have much to learn....

Best Answer

Being possessive isn't a sign of love, it's a sign of insecurity and need for control. People you love are still people, they are not your possessions. Trust is a sign of love. If you trust the ones you love to stay by your side without you chaining them, you show them that you can appreciate them as people, not in relation to you.

Best Answer

'cause it's suffocating, especially to a free spirit like me

Best Answer

True but some people get crazy possessive... not good!

Best Answer

No one wants to be Smothered.

Best Answer

or owned. owning a person is not loving them.

Best Answer

It can be overbearing and annoying.

Best Answer

IS .

Best Answer

Possessiveness is a truly dreadful trait. It is insidious and poisons relationships. Love and possessiveness are almost antithetical.

Best Answer

possessiveness sometimes turns into obsession and people try to objectify the person whom they love.

Best Answer

Shows love to me. If your lover says your mine and no one else's its kinda hot.

Best Answer

Not at all, if someone's heart desires you, you already possess them. Believe me, when I am in love, and am being treated with love, there is no possible way that the thought of another man comes to mind. But if a man imagines that he thinks he sees me being being with another man, I think he's out of his mind. The only reason I'd leave a man is because he does not have my admiration, respect, and trust as a friend or a lover. My point is, love and good communication does not require rules of possession.

Best Answer

Ufff everyone who responded to dis ... Am really sorry for dis question I think everyone got tensed .. Cool and now I could feel the sky is clear !!!

Best Answer

A sign of love is buying flowers and spending time instead of requiring a notarized permission slip,

Best Answer

Possessiveness strangles love.

Best Answer

It isn't. It's a sign of insecurity. And insecurity isn't healthy or positive.

Best Answer

Too much of it is actually a sign of insecurity and lack of trust to your partner..

Best Answer

It's a sign of an imbalance in the relationship, a lack of trust and love. It would only work if both partners are possessive. Otherwise possessiveness is a relationship destroyer

Best Answer

I don't think it could work even then.

Best Answer

I've known a few couples like this. But for most true it just can't work! :)

Best Answer