It's all about appearances<br />
And keeping up with the so called Joneses

Best Answer

No idea.. I have never owned a cellphone.. except for 5 months taking over nephews phone for reasons to only be disclosed by him

Best Answer

Wow,there are few about like you however I admire you for it.

Best Answer

I have an answering machine

Best Answer

Some people like having the greatest and latest! I'm the opposite but I must say I have found the android to be extremely useful - sometimes you gotta.

Best Answer

Yes,I concur,nice answer.

Best Answer

i have an addiction to my phone and its not about having the newest and best technology and bragging and showing it off i think its because i get from my phone what i cant get from people. it doesn't talk back, it doesn't ignore me, it doesn't use me it does what i want it to do. and i believe that its a comfort thing and i also have an obssession with cases but i just recently got over that. i don't go out much, i don't drive i don't have very many friends and no one is nice and no one cares anymore For christmas i am trying to get the iphone 5 not for anyone else but for myself.

Best Answer

stupidity

Best Answer

I don't know. I have an obsession with trying to keep my old one working. I hate having to learn new technology. lol

Best Answer

For newer technology and for tinkering...

Best Answer

Because we live in a disposable society where everything is thrown away and replaced with a shiny new item whether we need it or not. Just like the government was convinced everybody needed to buy a new HD TV even though the old models worked fine.

Best Answer

Consumerism basically.<br />
But to be fair it's pretty hard to live in the modern world these days without a mobile, just try getting a job without one. Once you have one you basically own a mobile computer. Once you own a computer you have a device that becomes technologically redundant in a little over a year. Software does evolve pretty fast though so new phones are usually better than old phones. Apple has shown this pretty clearly.<br />
My phone cost $20.

Best Answer

We're a consumer society and so much importance is placed on those who have the best and the biggest and the latest. It's really quite shameful that the marker for success is ba<x>sed on wealth and power and privilege.

Best Answer

As others have said, I need one for work and I get a lot of points using it regularly plus with my contract I can use those points to upgrade my phone and the company I have a contract with frequently offer the latest phones with new contracts. Soooo, through no fault of my own I always tend to have the latest model of mobile phone. I think the same is mostly true for most adults, only teens and impressionable youngsters feel a need to always have the latest gadget and the mobile phone is the most visible gadget most of them will ever own.

Best Answer

Mine have had this unfortunate habit of starting to malfunction about 3 to 4 months before the end of the contract (but after the warranty expires), making an upgrade necessary.

Best Answer

Couldnt tell ya. If the day came I could afford to do that.. I will let ya know but in all honesty I have no desire for a filthy cell phone upgrade trading filthy life. Perverts

Best Answer

someone tells them they need to

Best Answer

Naah,that makes little sense to me sorry.

Best Answer