I do not even celebrate my birthday. I do not see anything good about that day. Yet all my family seems to force themselves to celebrate the damn thing. I curse the day I was born. Why can't people see that and stop showering me with presents? Why do they waste their time and money when I have told them to stop?
ForgottenMale ForgottenMale 26-30, M 7 Answers May 21, 2012

I don't like when people give me presents.. i just celebrate mine because it gives happiness to people around me.. :))

Best Answer

Make yourself unavailable in the two weeks before during and after your birthday. I didn't grow up having a big deal made out of my birthday, so it feels weird. I'm sorry you have such a strong reaction, though. If you've expressed yourself to your family with as much force as you have here, I'm surprised they insist on marking the day with a celebration.

Best Answer

They toss out the usual excuse "Because I want too". That is why

Best Answer

The only thing i can suggest is what i wish i could carry out but dont have the guts to do in case i hurt anyones feelings.<br />
1) re-iterate that i will not be celebrating my birthday<br />
2) accept gifts and cash graciously despite my insistance that i do not want anything, then donate all to charity whilst publicly announcing on fb what i have done<br />
3) ensure i keep myself scarce on the day in case i get any impromptu visitors (not possible this year as i have a child and i want to see wimbledon final this year)

Best Answer

I respect other peoples wishes for their day but for 20 years no one has respected mine which is to not celebrate it. it brings me so much stress when i have been rail roaded into a lunch or dinner that i feel nauseus. is this any way to wish someone a happy birthday??

Best Answer

because they love you and the day you we're born you made the family whole wink

Best Answer

Yes I am also a grump on my own birthday. I also dislike been given presents. Like giving them though.

Best Answer