Loveshine5 Loveshine5 18-21, F 20 Answers Feb 17, 2010

Why do people lie at all? I have a friend that seems to have a problems accepting the fact that she and her children are as average as the rest of us. She tells little lies about their accomplishments and you never get the honest to God, down to earth, truth about what's really going on in her life. <br />
What a burden life must be if you can't be "real" about it.

Best Answer

There are plenty of reasons for so many situations so I definitely can't say them all, but I'll give two quick examples. You can lie about what you think of someones appearance because you care about them and feel their physical appearance doesn't matter... basically you don't want to concern them with it. Another situation is if you are telling a story, and you tell a small harmless lie to make it a little more exciting and memorable.

Best Answer

Pride is the fault behind lying. And we are all invested with it. We want to feel important and we want others to think well of us. Lying is diabolical because pride is diabolical. What pleases God above all is humility. What displeases Him above all is pride.

Best Answer

it's practice for when they lie about big things

Best Answer

Here on EP I think so many lie about the big things. Because thy can....

Best Answer

I'm not perfect but try my best to set an example of being honest in return the truth as well( practice what I preach) especially to those that are close to me. As time go by and the truth starts to farm it can be very exhausting confusing and draining, when you've been depending on something that's been a lie from the very start.

Best Answer

Idk why people lie about small things, but a the best way is too be honest at all times. I think the honest thing is definitely the best thing because liars have too keep making up lies too keep that first initial lie going. I hate liars and think that it is definitely petty. If you lie be a good one but how about don't do it AT ALL !!!

Best Answer

WHAT ABOUT THE HUGE?

Best Answer

Some lies are to protect people, others just have a habit of lying and don't know how to tell the truth. Lies to cover up things done that you shouldn't have, lies to get something you want. Theres a million reasons people lie. Personally I hate the act of lying, but thats not to say any one person hasn't done it for one reason or another. I hate being lied to, seems to be a habit with a couple people close to me, but I'm not perfect either, if I lie its usually to avoid confrontations.

Best Answer

Because they are ashamed of the little things. Little things sometimes tell more about a person than major ones.

Best Answer

lies how many of us has them

Best Answer

tiny lies are easier to get away with...lol

Best Answer

because it is socially easier for them than using tact

Best Answer

Because they lie about EVERYTHING. In bible some kinda way it says if you are not faithful in the small things, you won't be faithful in the big things.<br />
I try to not even EXAGGERATE because that is not Truth...except when it's clearly a joke. This is no joke....

Best Answer