It just confounds me that people just obsess over confidence being the single greatest personality trait one can have. And it's not. What is confidence? It's glorified arrogance. That's all it is. Why is it shy, nice people get screwed over because there are people out there who happen to love themselves for no identifiable reason? Now, I understand why it's a trait people like to see in others. But it seems that confidence is the maker or breaker. You could be the greatest person the world's ever known, but if you're not confident, then you're nothing in the eyes of others. So, why the hell is confidence so freaking important to people?
Discard92 Discard92 18-21, M 14 Answers May 25, 2012

Confidence is in no form arrogance. Confidence is a good thing and when you're around someone who's confident, you feel good about yourself and it brings you out of your shell and plus, it means less awkward moments/awkwardness. It's not arrogance, it's called liking yourself and showing how interesting and fun you can be. When someone is insecure, most people shy away because it reminds others of their insecurities. Also, people cant be bothered sitting there awkwardly in silence trying to force conversation out of a shy person, and just being knocked back. Just, trying to get an ounce of socialness out of them? I'm a little shy, but I can be confident and when I am confident I feel better and people do talk to me more, because I'm more approachable and easier to talk to and more interesting.

Best Answer

Good answer. I'll have to think about that one.

Best Answer

Surprising, isn't it?

Best Answer

i agree that unearned / unjustified confidence can be an ugly thing ;(

Best Answer

Because it sexy

Best Answer

What an informative answer. You must be a genius.

Best Answer

Lol :)

Best Answer

Firstly people take you at face value, so if you think you are awesome therefore you must be. Also people have little patience for insecurity and reassuring people.

Best Answer

Not all people who don't have a lot of confidence go around moping about it to all of there friends. Just because someone doesn't think highly of themselves doesn't mean they stop people on the street just to ask for reassurance.

Best Answer

I never said they did, I said what I think most people think.

Best Answer

I never said they did. I said what I think, most people think. :p

Best Answer

You can be confident in two ways: 1) You can be proud of who you are, and how you look, but not drag it out in a conversation. 2) You're self-centered, and too good for everyone because you're happy with their looks.<br />
I admire people who are happy with who they are, but don't bring it up in a conversation everyday. Because with media and bully's out there, there's not alot of people who are happy with who they are, and what they look like.<br />
However, I can't stand people who think they're the most attractive person who ever walked the earth. Because all they ever talk about it themselves, and they also think they can get away with whatever the crap they want, because they have such a 'sparkling personality'.

Best Answer

The thing you need to remember is people don't really love confidence(from other people), they love the portrayal of it. Unless someone is psychic they can not tell the difference.<br />
You can say to yourself and even truly believe it that "I can do this." but it will not be perceived as confident with incorrect body language.<br />
For years people told me I had a problem with confidence, to the point where I would obsessively try to fix my "confidence" problem and at times would have serious problems with confidence. But it turned out that even when I was confident I didn't know how to demonstrate it. Had someone said "you should be more enthusiastic in order to show off your confidence" at a young age instead of endlessly confusing me by talking about "confidence" things would've turned around a lot faster.

Best Answer

Truly confident folks are NEVER arrogant. Arrogance is the chief quality of some very insecure peeps who are over compensating for what they think they lack. <br />
Confidence allows a person to accept their own flaws and the flaws of others but it also allows a person to move away from unhealthy people and situations and more easily make choices that lead them to more fulfilling lives.

Best Answer

it's believeing in yourself what you can possibly do..

Best Answer