hidex hidex 16-17, F 16 Answers Dec 23, 2013 in LGBT

Why do most people think most things? People are stupid and illogical, that's the only answer I've found for most questions like this.

Best Answer

Good answer!

Best Answer

Seems to be an attitude that's catching -- like the flu.

Best Answer

Some people fear things they don't understand .. so they lash out at them.

It's so much easier for them to hate than to try to understand ...

It's very sad .. because some people don't even really know why they hate things .. often that ignorance is passed down through the generations and people continue to believe them just because it's what they've always known.

Best Answer

That makes a lot of sense, sadly.

Best Answer

It is very sad.

Best Answer

It is a cultural thing. Just as we accepted black people to the society and gave them the same rights we have, soon all this nonsense including homophobes and religious activists will be over. Afterall it is the same people who were not accepting the fact that the Earth is not flat.

Best Answer

It's not what is considered normal. And since human beings fear things that are not normal, they then try to control it. When it cannot be controlled, they fear it even more. They then react out of hate.

Best Answer

I've noticed such patterns in my own family. I'm openly bisexual, in a family of mainly Catholics. It's.. It's frustrating, and simultaneously, their lack of understanding is pathetic haha.

Best Answer

I'm Christian, and I honestly support gay marriage. No one asked me before I was born if I wanted to be gay or straight, no one asked gay/bisexual people either!

Best Answer

Very true!

Best Answer

I'm glad you agree.

Best Answer

While the bible thing IS stupid, there really IS no better answer than simply not personally agreeing with it. Do they have the right? Yes. Is it my job to judge or take out some vendetta? Hell no. But do I on a personal level agree with or even really UNDERSTAND it? Certainly not. I don't hate 'em, I don't preach to 'em about it, it's their own business. Doesn't mean it makes sense though.

Best Answer

This is just my opinion. Marriage is a special bond between a man and a woman. The ring signifies life as a whole. The world is a circle, the circle of life. And gay marriage breaks that. Makes in unholy and destroys what is meant to be a gift from god to us. Gay thoughts are implanted in peoples heads at very young age by satans demons. This is just my opinion so please don't reply with negative comments.

Best Answer

Without exaggerated negativity, I disagree strongly with your comment. (And, I said I'm looking for a reason that doesn't involve religion).. Your opinions still matter, though. I am not a religious person, so I've always disagreed with people that say "Homosexuality is a sin/satanic/unholy". I fail to see what makes it so awful. It's still love and attraction, it's still a bond and completion between two people. I want to point out a religious quote I've heard many times (from family, to me): "We are all God's children. He gave each of us the gift of life and love." (or something like that. The actual quote is much longer and takes thirty minutes to say). Although I'm not a religious person, I understand that saying. We should keep our minds and hearts open to those we love and know. Would you hold your opinion if someone you love told you they were gay/lesbian/bisexual? Or would you accept it and continue to love them?

Best Answer

It's not my place to judge. Of course I would love and accept them. But I don't agree with it by any means. One of my best friends is gay. I don't agree with it but he is still my friend. but I do think the world should stick to marriage is between a man and a woman.

Best Answer

I see. That actually makes a lot of sense.

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer

Thanks for the explanation. Not many people take the time to do that with such civility.

Best Answer

Awe your so sweet thanks for understanding and not jumping to conclusions.

Best Answer

People fear what they don't understand seeing things outside the "norm" bothers them

I dont have a problem with gay folks I just dont want to see PDA

Best Answer

It's called freedom of choice,son.They should be teaching that in school.Everybody doesn't have to hold the same belief system.Just be respectful of others'.Why do those who preach tolerance hate those who don't think like them?

I'm not a hater.As long as it doesn't break my wallet or my arm, you can live your life the way you want.And I'll do the same.

Live and let live.Life's too damn short.

Best Answer

I am respectful.. I just want to know why people have these opinions. I understand that people will disagree with me; that doesn't bother me. I want to understand them.

Best Answer

Ignorance

Best Answer

Its more of antiquated thinking that has it roots long before recorded history. The human species has not always flourished as it has. There was a time when we faced extinction every day. Having children was imperative to the survival of the species. Mankind at this time worked constantly to survive, having very little time for anything other then finding food, shelter and staving off every dangerous animal there was. If he had time, it was given to creating children and nurturing them. Anything other then that was a waste of time. Having sex with one of the same gender did nothing to create children. It was a waste of time. In modern times we can tell ourselves well, its my time and I will do with it as I will. Yes, you can, but in ancient time each member of the clan was dependent on the other and no time wasted was only your time.

Having children was not easey and most pregnancies ended badly. Most children did not make it to their first birthdays.

For a clan to survive it had to have numbers to continue the group exponentially and to provide strong bodies to bare children, protect the clan and to gather food.

Those who wrote our religious texts, and laws were fully aware that most men and women are born neutral as to their gender preferences and that posed a problem. If strong disciplines against same sex relationships were not imposed from an early age then a relationship would develop. That again, would not be good for the tribe.

Your ideals and religious dogma is carried on to the next generation by your children. If I (my religion) has more children and there children have more children then my ideals will flourish.

People oppose same gender relationships because they fear the status as it is and has been will be damaged. They and theirswill loose some power.

Have you ever asked yourself why there is such harsh punishments in the bible for same sex relationships. It is because religious leaders are well aware it is and always has been a natural occurrence for human beings. If you hate something strongly and prohibit it harshly, its for a good reason and that is, people have a natural tendency to engage. All people, and straight people tempted to do so and they know it well. So, the best way to have others think you have no such tendencies is to be the loudest to condemn it. If you are not tempted then you can not go over to that side.

In all of this remember 'nipples". Men and women both have nipples, yet men will never use them. That's because at one time in our lives, we were the same sex. So, if men have nipples, then maybe they still have desires for men, in a smaller amount but all the same.

Best Answer

I want a banana.

Best Answer

Maybe because it's unnatural. It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

Best Answer

In the bible, yes it is.

Best Answer

But them Jesus was a bachelor hanging out with boys.

Best Answer

I'm not talking about Jesus's sexual preferences haha...

Best Answer

Remember Eve came from Adam a man! She came from his rib and well she was cloned from Adam. If one is a clone, would one not have the same exact features? Its one of those hidden messages within the bible. There are many upon many.

Best Answer