1lonelyguy 1lonelyguy 46-50, M 12 Answers Jul 1, 2010

I cant be quick to judge, what promises, I ve seenpeople get all overly sad because someone didnt give them the birthday gift they wanted..or had to cancel on dinner,(no..not me:)...and so if its a reasonable promise that you feel upset about remember, the things is there are disapointments in life, kids get that al lthe time, parents making promises they end up either not being able to keep., or dont,so rather than let it bug you and dwell on it, accept one thing ..it will happen..and when its something serious and happening all the time with someone, you an always move on from that individual, I know some friends that makes promises and keep them, and another who almost half the time does not..its just them and you need to weight and mull over whether they are worth it in your life or not..or talk to them about it.

Best Answer

Because they love you and want you to be happy at the moment even though they got no follow through. Love is a vapor--we want to give everyone what we say we can, but we can't deliver. Love is step one--anyone can do it or say it. Trust is step two. Way beyond love. Do you trust that that person wanted to deliver on that promise? Seems not and you lose on the trust thing. Now, get rid of the love and you can move on.

Best Answer

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Best Answer

Not deliver your promise is immature and irresponsible. It is damaging for any type of relationship. Promise creates expectation and if not delivered produce disappointment. It is law of cause and effect. How many disappointments you can handle?

Best Answer

to forget is to be forgotten..

Best Answer

Mostly? Just to shut you up.

Best Answer

Good intentions...poor follow through <br />
Not bad people...just not dependable.

Best Answer

because promises dont mean anything any more, I always tell people I'll do something but never do it. I dont make so many promises though.

Best Answer