This is the most relatable thing I've read all day... There's this guy I really like who apparently likes me back, but getting him to talk is like drawing blood from a stone tbh, I really don't understand him. Like I'll start conversations and he just seems so disinterested! I think it's just because they're so shy; they don't want to mess things up.

Best Answer

Exactly!!! When I initially got chatting to him he wouldn't shut up and always wanted to speak. Then he stopped speaking as much but told my friend that he really liked me and would like to take me out but as you said, trying to get them to speak is like drawing blood from a stone! It's infuriating. I feel I might have to take the upper hand

Best Answer

I know the exact feeling! He's spoken to my friends about taking me out too but he just confuses me so much, he's loud when we're around other people but as soon as it's just us two things are awkward and I feel like I just have to fill the gaps! Maybe they need a kick up the backside from someone to show them that they need to take a little control haha

Best Answer

Conversation flows quite easily between us I've found, it's just when we're not together it's near impossible to get him to say anything.. I always stood by the saying that actions speak louder than words but I don't know what to think of this one!

Best Answer

Maybe he's just the type of guy who prefers to talk face-to-face? If the conversation is good then maybe he just has a hang-up about texting or something

Best Answer

Saruman's spies are everywhere, they can quickly take the form of an EP account. Be careful, keep it safe, keep it hidden.

Best Answer

huh?

Best Answer

well since you dont do the chasing thing you probably send out a disinterested vibe which guys dont like so they become disinterested also

Best Answer

Are they interested (in having sex with) you, or having you as their gf but can't think of anything to say. They probably know that you can't just say "I'm interested in having sex with you". <br />
Though, I think that the girl could take the upper hand and ask questions or ask him out etc.

Best Answer

I would say they're interested in me as a girlfriend and I was thinking that myself tbh

Best Answer

Are you giving him/her mixed signals? Sometimes they need a hint.

Best Answer

I always try and make conversation, I wouldn't say I send off mixed signals :/ Or at least I hope not

Best Answer

yeah, maybe he's intimidated? sometimes a girl can be so pretty to a guy, when they get close to asking them out, they get cold feet / afraid to mess it up or scare you away.

Best Answer

I have been told before that I can seem intimidating... Hmm he probably is just worried about messing it up or something. Think I'll just have to mention something in conversation to bring the topic around

Best Answer

They are playing games.

Best Answer

He isn't the kind of guy to play games which is a hard kind of guy to find! Maybe he's just shy :/

Best Answer

Maybe he changed his mind, he was interested and now he isn't......

Best Answer

In the space of a day?...

Best Answer

Well a few days now (like 5)

Best Answer

Why not? He might have said it but didn't mean it. It's like when people say I will call you but then they never do.

Best Answer

I see what you're saying but it doesn't really mesh with the facts I've been given + his personality

Best Answer

Why don't you call him and find out. People say things all of the time that they don't mean or intend to fulfill. You can't really know anyone's intentions even when you think you know their personality.

Best Answer

They're really cats.

Best Answer