gatorgirl013 gatorgirl013 36-40, F 12 Answers Apr 11, 2012

Because some people really do mean it. I do. If I didn't want to extend help, I would not say it to someone. My friends know if they need something that they can ask me and I will help them.

Best Answer

My husband has been away working for 6 months now. I suffer from depression to begin with. My friends know this & say if I need anything to let them know. I am not one to ask but I did. For 3 days now I have reached out to several friends telling them I am at the end of my rope & I need a shoulder. No one has bothered yet to be here for me.

Best Answer

I'm sorry that you have having a hard time. Maybe it is time for you to try volunteering somewhere to help you get out and be with new people. If you are not on medication for your depression, you might consider seeing a doctor for something that can help you feel better.

Best Answer

I always mean it.

Honestly, sometimes I am not sure what I can do for a person who is grieving, upset, or in a situation that requires help. If I'm not sure what I can offer, I simply say, "Please let me know if you need anything." And I always mean it.

Best Answer

Just knowing you have a friend if you need to cry on is the best feeling. Knowing they can't make time cuts deep!

Best Answer

Thank you for asking this question because resently people are saying that just to be polite. PEOPLE, IF YOU DON'T MEAN IT, DON'T SAY IT, especially after someone has experienced a tragic death in their family or an elderly person or child who needs attention. If they come to you and you treat them like a nuisance it will do more damage so just give them a hug, tell them you are sorry and shut up!

Best Answer

You are so right! And with everything I am going thru I am still there for my friends & family as much as I can be! It really cut me deep today when a friend knowing for 3 days now that I needed someone to talk to wouldn't stop by before she went to the bar.

Best Answer

I would tell her in apolite way that you have missed her support and you have needed her as a friend. Be calm and nice when you say it.

Best Answer

I would say common courtesy, but if they don't mean it; how could that be?

Best Answer

good point!

Best Answer

Because it's not polite to say **** off...

Best Answer

true friend wouldn't want to....just saying!

Best Answer

I've never said it when I didn't mean it. In fact, I usually add that I'm truly serious and leave my number when appropriate. I think sometimes though, some people don't really know what to say or to do in a given situation and that seems to be the easiest thing to say.

Best Answer

I am the same way. I actually mean it! I had a friend who was sick last night & although she lived 30 min away I offered to bring her some medicine. That same friend who I needed tonight is right down the road from my house at the local bar & said she would come over but didn't want to drive too much.

Best Answer

P.S. that was before she started drinking

Best Answer

There are those who never think beyond themselves. I know a few of them myself. I'm sorry you had a rough time tonight . :( Hope you are better now.

Best Answer

I always "mean it" when I place the invite. Problem is, frequently, when somebody actually gets around to cashing that chip, it's at a terribly inconvenient time for me.

Best Answer

Yeah well I am an understanding person. Life is crazy! But when you bend over backwards for that person & they can't take out a few minutes of their time for you...well it cuts deep!

Best Answer

They are trying to be nice - plastic style.

Best Answer

fake *** friends!

Best Answer

Cause they're stupid and their noses are super glued to their *** holes so even if they wanted to they would have no way.

Best Answer

probably true there.....

Best Answer

A lot of our friends are proud and don't want to "trouble" people. We have found the best thing is to make a casserole or cookies and ask when we can drop it off. My buddy across the street when they had their son they were in NICU for a week. So when i mowed my yard i fueled up and mowed his without asking otherwise he would have declined. Don't ask if? Just do something and ask i did blank when can i come over or just do something nice without asking what they need

Best Answer

My fiances doctor said to let him know what he can do for me even if it's personal how should I take that?

Best Answer