It is probably because a lot of people (like me) have their settings fixed to not being notified when someone fans me. So until I deliberately look (which I usually do every day or two) I wouldn't know. If someone WB's me then I am alerted to the fact they are trying to add me. I also have my settings fixed so people can't message me if they're not in my circle. So if someone is trying to get my attention it would be the only way. Doesn't often work, cos I don't add many people who ask, but just saying that's how it is for me.

Best Answer

it seems like it would be just as easy to say, "hey... i really think you're okay!" rather than "add me". i don't understand why people are so afraid to put themselves out there, as if fanning somebody is that much of a risk.

Best Answer

true - who knows? it's odd but it doesn't bother me tbh.

Best Answer

FRICKS!hehehehee : D

Best Answer

F E A R O F R E J E C T I O N

Best Answer

lol, Coppy. you certainly know how to cut right to the chase. i love that about you. scrapin' off the bullshit, left and right!! XOXOXO

Best Answer

Because they are one part that makes up the 95% of people in EP who are **** heads lol.<br />
I HATE that when it happens.

Best Answer

count yourself lucky.....someone added me then he sent me a pic of his butt.....Hmmmm? I'm still trying to figure that one out...LOL

Best Answer

lol... ew? sorry bunny. :0]

Best Answer

lol... since your male and he sent you a pic of his butt seems pretty clear. Possibly too clear

Best Answer

At least they could make it a question and be polite: "Add me, please?"

Best Answer

i agree!

Best Answer

Small Patatoes.

Best Answer

seems rude and presumptuous to me.

Best Answer

I'm just saying i want some small patatoes.

Best Answer

great. now I'M hungry. trade you some small potatoes for some bologna...?

Best Answer

Sure.How much would you like?

Best Answer

enough for one nice Dagwood-style sandwich! *tosses potatoes at you*

Best Answer

It's on thy way.

Best Answer

Haha! True and silly. I do massage and sometimes I'll be on text with a client obviously not in session or something, they say call me.... I'm all..... uhm, ok. I'm thinking though weirdo, you fracken call me. lol

Best Answer

agreed!

Best Answer

Hmmmm cant say I enagage in this practice. I would have thought it was respectful they were asking rather than adding. I would have thought it more narcissistic and controlling to add you and then immediately crash your PM

Best Answer

i'm not sure what you mean by "immediately crash your PM"... but it's not even a question like, "would you care to add me?" it's more of a demand... "add me." a person is absolutely in control of deciding whom they would like to fan or not to fan. that's their prerogative. likewise, i am entirely capable of determining whether or not i want to add them in return. i don't need them telling me what to do.

Best Answer

Oh i see so theyve already added you lol. See your point. Yes they dont make a very good case with two words either really. My 3yo can do better than that. Guess im just not up with all this stuff lol.
PM = private message or mail or whatever EP calls it

Best Answer

I think "crash your PM" means they send you a lot of private messages at once. Could also be known as"blowing up your inbox/PM" or "blasting your inbox/PM"

Best Answer

Ha! I noe! I feel they are lazy!

Best Answer

"HELLO " is far too complex

Best Answer

lol... it would seem so! even though, technically, it's one fewer character! :0]

Best Answer

if the other person they messaged (you) puts forth the effort in adding them, then they probably have closer friends than rather just going around adding everyone THEY like.

Best Answer

the same is true in reverse. if they go through the trouble of fanning me first, i would absolutely consider them to be a more courageous person and, in the end, probably a more genuine friend than somebody who is so afraid of taking a chance that they can't even hit the "add" button without first being added themselves. if they can't extend that much courage at the initial stages of a friendship, how can i count on them to be there down the road?

Best Answer

good point.

Best Answer

p.s. i &lt;3 Kermit :0]

Best Answer

I haven't done that but some of us can't add a friend unless they fan us or add us first I have no idea why this is. Think of it more as a compliment..they obviously think u are pretty cool.

Best Answer

aw, well thanks for the kind words... but i have to disagree. if you fan somebody first and then take an interest in their stories and comments, they're bound to notice you and would likely friend you back if they feel a connection!

Best Answer

oh, hold up... i just realized that maybe you weren't speaking figuratively when you said some of you can't add friend... have you checked your settings to make sure that you can fan people?

Best Answer

Haha...yup but I sent a message to support asking how to add, fan and remove. I have a few that I have no idea how they got there and I don't want'em! Maybe I should post that on their whiteboard, instead of add I can say, REMOVE! Now that would be a little controlling but def not chickenshit. Lol

Best Answer

I will agree that if all they write is 'add me' with nothing more to say that is a little rude and they could put a little more effort into it.

Best Answer

here's a little tip that i just learned not long ago. if somebody that you don't like has fanned you and you want to remove them, you can add them to your circle and then immediately remove them from your circle and you will no longer be on their fanned list. good luck getting your "add" button fixed!! :0]

Best Answer

Thanks I will try that. Btw, I was gonna go onto ur whiteboard and write, ADD just to be an a** but I can't even get to that. Oh well, in sure its not an original idea. With this question I bet u just got an overload of those! :)

Best Answer

Actually, I appreciate that to a notification by EP out of the blue "You have a fan !" from someone with whom I've had no interaction (and I get that a lot). With a whiteboard message, I at least have the immediate chance to ask them what made them choose my profile---and they can opt to change their minds. ;)

Best Answer

i understand that a WB message is preferrable to an EP notification. it just seems there are a lot more polite ways to notify somebody that you'd like them to be your friend.

Best Answer

They want your ATTENTION, Woobie (and who could blame them).

Best Answer

lol... awww, Gilly. you're sweet. maybe you're right! it's a cry for attention!!

Best Answer

I suspect to gain access to your photos. They don't get that by just becoming your fan.

Best Answer

hmmm... could be right. i hadn't thought of that.

Best Answer