I am really spiritual guy and a bit sensitive. I don't act hard or act like a really tough guy. Some people describe me as being too nice. But even thou i act like this i have a really hard and rough background. but people don't know that. Even when i tell them they say you don't look like the type to have a rough past. and am like what does a person with rough past look like. I don't know why people take my kindness as weakness.
kyddreamer kyddreamer 22-25, M 12 Answers Jan 19, 2013 in Community

Be what you want to be and stay that way. If those people take your kindness as a weakness then they don't deserve your friendship or your acknowledgement. I am just like you and over the years I've learnt how to stay nice and true to myself without letting mean people take me for rides. It's hard but i've made it. Most people grew up without being nice or they choose to be who they want to be. To me, you are an exceptional because you grew up with a rough past and it sounds like life taught you well and to be kind.

Best Answer

It's because they are stupid. They think that rudeness and bad manners make them "tough and wise". And they are so wrong. <br />
By the way, if you came (past tense) from a tough background, it means that you have moved on.<br />
Keep staying the way you are - although I would add that showing your teeth now and again does help for those who think they can walk all over you.<br />
And how do I know that? By one or two well-aimed quiet remarks to put them in their place.

Best Answer

I find that often those that are deep enough in life and have known the dark edge of the sword and have suffered through it to come out stronger have earned my respect. It's something earned not given, poorly reflected in the fact that those who don't get it won't see it. <br />
I have also learned that it is not the shallow masses...but those few that appreciate just how much the little things in life are worth... and also how they define the big ones.<br />
You have learned a life lesson in being able to give a damn....those people should hope to learn the same some day but most won't. Don't expect them to be anything else then drones running on instinct, obstacles to be left alone in their own groups until they enter your own playing field. Sure that's a bit of a God complex right there but I prefer to stay sane....the irony runs deep....<br />
I have no intention to lose myself in an endless struggle dragging people outta there teaching them what matters. Not as a job. I recommend you don't do that either. Find the people that enrich your life, keep them around, fight for them, don't bother with the masses that don't match you, all that ever does is make you lose yourself and make you think you different in a wrong way. It's special...and only the good kind....best treasure it and share it with those that understand.<br />
All they ever know is the movie image....I know plenty of things I can get better at and plenty of people that are better at things than I am....but at least I'm proud to be able to say that I know what my place is today and with whom I'd like to share it. The rest can go play on their own little game and maybe we'll run into each other some day. Not my business.

Best Answer

They are ignorant, and do not appreciate finer qualities

Best Answer

To be honest is say **** those people as you are already the better man

Best Answer

Kindness isn't a virtue that's easy to get. It requires a great deal of energy, thought and wisdom to perform an act of kindness. When kindness is expressed in a way that is compassionate, understanding and respectful, it is easier to be kind, without the potential problems of being “nice.” though. Kindness is strong! :)

Best Answer

because they are stupid. it takes experience and a degree of intelligence to know that kindness doesn't mean weakness and to understand that acting all hard will sooner or later get you locked up or killed. I am myself in the mob and we have chosen to better ourselves, because so many of us have been locked up or killed, for what? I know women love tough bad boys etc., but if they will act as if i am a weak loser just because I step beside and don't get involved in stupid dominance games and confrontation (oh boy if they only knew) then I say f*** em. f*** these stupid people and let them breed a nation of boarderline retards, it is just not worth it and not your business. you must understand mostly people who have already really have been to the darkside can in this aspect grow, evolve, mature and progress in life. or do you care what these stupid superficial losers think about you? well, you shouldn't at all. let them think, I know it hurts some times if a girl you are attracted to thinks of you as a weakling and not worthy of her attention, but you must understand that it is her who is not worthy of your attention, let those people pass by. i know the vast majority of people are ignorant in this relation, but this is not in your hands anymore and it is too late to teach the whole of society. mankind is forsaken, just ignore them and see that you live your life in the best possible way you can and in congruence with your believes, which truly make you satisfied and happy. people who act rude mostly live a sad and pathetic life although they want you to think otherwise. trust me these people will pay the price for their ignorance sooner or later.

Best Answer

Is it me or does this question really come up often on EP?

Best Answer

First time I've seen it. Most question I see are "Do all girls/guys think X or Y"
And the "I enjoy _____" questions or "Describe your life in ONE word" question I have seen like 20 times in a week.

Best Answer