GoddessAirmid GoddessAirmid 22-25, F 14 Answers Dec 5, 2013 in Parenting & Family

To make them as stupid as they are.

Best Answer

The fact still remains though, that you are lying to your children. Plenty of parents from different countries and cultures choose not to do this and their children are not robbed of what life has to offer. Dont make it seem as if these lies are needed for the children to be children.

Best Answer

Maybe they think it will make them happy? It just dumb because the child will notice eventually. Kids are smart and will catch you when you lie.

Best Answer

I allow my children to be children before they have to grow up and realise how hard the world really is

Best Answer

But you're teaching them it's okay to lie, as long as society considers it tradition.

Best Answer

It's what makes the holiday, though they will find out one day that they are not real its still much more fun believing in it then not.

Best Answer

I always enjoyed knowing the truth as a kid.

Best Answer

Perhaps you but not everyone..

Best Answer

Well I guess it's okay to lie to children, then. As long as they have fun! Cause that's what's important!

Best Answer

There's a positive spirit. Indeed :)

Best Answer

It was sarcasm. Just in case that wasn't clear.

Best Answer

Hahah i sensed sarcasm in there, im just not in the mood. Have a good day.

Best Answer

Well I'm glad we're on the same page.

In the mood for what? O_รต

Best Answer

Arguing about something unnecessary

Best Answer

Lol. Just because I'm being sarcastic doesn't mean I'm arguing. Just sayin.

Best Answer

We are still debating whether or not It's okay to tell your children about these thing's when it is not true, I think it is, Its not teaching them to LIE about thing's. It's just putting a little spirit into the christmas holiday's but it seem's it's just not for everyone.

Best Answer

Because they have been lied to when they where kids, so the pay it forward :)

Best Answer

Manipulation--sometimes it works. Comply, and you will be rewarded. And, like other traditions, it indulges our desire to relive our childhood.

I think it's why the aliens lied to us about God.

Best Answer

It helps develop their sense of wonder an curiousness.

Best Answer

It teaches them that lying is okay, right from the very beginning.

Best Answer

They're not "lies", they're fantasy .. just like movies and cartoons ...

There's no harm in giving kids some extra joy at the holidays. They find out they're not "real" as they get older.

Best Answer

"Look what Santa brought you this year!!" = Lie

Best Answer

What does it hurt?? It's not like kids grow up devastated because of it?
If when you have kids you don't want to tell them about Santa .. go for it. It's your choice .. just like it's others' choices to "believe" in him.

Best Answer

The point is that you're teaching them that it's okay to lie. Especially if they find out the truth at a young age, they'll just think that if mommy and daddy lie, then it's okay for them to lie too.

Best Answer

if you're going to take that attitude then go the whole hog and admit that all claims to truth can be considered lies, fabrications and fantasies

Best Answer

or just trials and simplified versions, yes, that's not the same as a lie.

Best Answer

Parents lie to their children every time they say "you can be whatever you want when you grow up."

Best Answer

Theres still a chance but those other stuff dont exist

Best Answer

You can be whatever you want when you grow up if you work hard enough for it.

Best Answer