I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be
soundguy123 soundguy123 16-17, M 14 Answers Sep 4, 2013 in Habits

it's probably worse than people make it out to be

Best Answer

Most adults who smoke, wish they could quit, but can't. That's the first indication, right there. <br />
It's an expensive habit, it shortens the life span, contributes to lung cancer, bronchitis, emphysema, etc. Personally, I wouldn't want to do anything that causes breathing to be painful or difficult. <br />
It doesn't seem so bad at first because it doesn't cause immediate and obvious trauma. it's one of those things where hindsight is 20/20. When you start smoking, it seems like no big deal but years down the line, you pay big for it. I'm not saying it's on the level with taking heroin or anything, but it's bad enough for me to think people who take up smoking knowing what does to their bodies are making a highly moronic decision.

Best Answer

They think all smokers smoke a pack or more a day.

Best Answer

Because it can cause chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and cancer. It has even been linked to heart disease. It can cause death. I don't think any more justification is needed.<br />
I know people who smoke who can't breathe properly and have a lot of coughing problems. It might not seem like much, but they do go through a lot of pain and discomfort.<br />
I used to think the same when I was younger, until I read about smoking in various books and the internet. And what I read and saw wasn't pretty. <br />
Also by smoking you're not only harming yourself but also the people around you, who aren't even smoking. How is that fair?<br />
And the smell is disgusting. Atleast I can't stand it.

Best Answer

Well, setting a bit of anything on fire and inhaling the fumes and smoke/ tar and other things that go along with it isn't great for you, kiddo. And, it's one of those addicting things. Most people smoke a pack + a day. That is going to cause damage. I'm not going to tell you..don't drink, don't smoke...I'm not that way..you'll do what you're going to do. Just wait until you have figured out why you want to try it, and you are age appropriate. Be mature about mature things.

Best Answer

It's terrible. I've smoked for way too long. Trust me.

Best Answer

Hurts your pocket, and you smell like a tramp.

Best Answer

you get cancer from it and thats bad

Best Answer

Do a google search of the harmful effects of smoking tobacco

Best Answer

Smoking is bad for you, it can kill you! I agree, though, that people make it out to be much worse than it actually is. McDonald's will kill you a lot faster than Marlboros, and it doesn't have nearly the same stigma attached to it.

Best Answer

Because it give you "Lung Cancer"!

Best Answer

Well it's extremely unhealthy and it smells bad,<br />
If its cigs you're talking about people think, 'why are you giving yourself cancer?'

Best Answer

So you're saying weed is better?

Best Answer

Because, well, it is.

Best Answer