glitterbomb94 glitterbomb94 16-17, F 14 Answers Apr 23, 2011

Because of fear and responsibility. When you are ignorant, you don't have to worry about people calling you names, asking you questions, or holding you responsible for what you know or do.

The fear comes in as children. You didn't want to be considered a GEEK in school, because it wasn't popular. You didn't want to be the one standing up in class to read your answer for fear it was not correct.

As adults, the fear is there also. You don't know how to act or react in public situations, so you play ignorant so no one looks at you. If no one looks at you, then you are not responsible for the outcome of a given situation.

Most people are not ignorant. But everyone has their head buried in the sand about some issue or situation at all times.

Best Answer

Perhaps they are ignorant of the importance of being not ignorant. Haha.

I think that it's kind of like that Pink Floyd song, "Comfortably Numb".....people want to know about certain things, and they don't want to know about others. Mostly because they only want to deal with troubles that seem to affect them or their circles directly. Otherwise, they don't want to have to worry about stuff. And a lot of people just believe that someone else will handle things for them. LIke going to the doctor and just following his instructions; many people just don't want to know too much about their sicknesses. Sometimes they can feel that they can't do anything about it, so why worry with too much information?

Best Answer

It is apparently "bliss" and they believe it.

Best Answer

would love more context on this ... but it seems to me that people are taking advantage of free speech and the freedom that our current society grants us to do as we please and find happiness in anyway we see fit....

Best Answer

The uninquisitve are as good as dead.

Best Answer

today is no different there has always been ignorant people and there probably will always be ignorant people. perhaps we refuse to change because we are scared of knowing. As the saying goes "ignorance is bliss".

Best Answer

Maybe 'people' are just ignorant to you.....

Best Answer

Ignorance is bliss, they say.

But, I have no idea who "They" are and I'm feeling blissful about that.

Best Answer

I think that the Western mass-media coddles people into a state of inert ignorant consumption. I mean - just watch the average commercial "news"-cast... It's depressing. If people want knowledge - they have to actively search for it (I believe).

Best Answer

It has probably become ok like a lot of other things that were once unacceptable.

Best Answer