Ask George Orwell.

Best Answer

so it's his fault?

Best Answer

No. Read his books, I mean :o)

Best Answer

I've only read 1984 and it was some time ago. That's not marxism.

Best Answer

Well, it sort of is about Marxism or more accurately, what actually happens when Marxism is attempted. Read Animal Farm if you get the chance. It's really good. It's about a Marxist revolution on a farm.

Best Answer

Marxism is nothing like that. Not even a little. Abuse of his theories for political gain may be.

Best Answer

You're just not getting it, are you? No matter.

Best Answer

or maybe you don't understand enough.

Best Answer

No, I do, mate. You seem to unable to grasp the premise that the fundamental flaw in all idealism is that people in power always look after themselves, no matter how great the manfesto looks on paper. You maybe should do some more reading before debating politics with me. I recommend Das Kapital.

Best Answer

People in power do look out for themselves. Fortunately we currently have the capability to have nobody in power. How is an economy that actually tries to solve that which marx brings up and other issues of today going to fail in comparison to capitalism that is made to increase a power gap?

Best Answer

lol! You are a naive little bunny aren't you? History.has proved that Marxism doesn't work in practice. please check your facts before taking another biased guess.

Best Answer

No guesses here. History has proven nothing. None of the economies or governments attempted were representative of the views of marx. not to mention that marxism is an economic theory and not responsible for it's abuse.

Best Answer

I'm not naive, sir. I will prove this. There are things that matter to the direction of this conversation that you don't know. For now it's pointless to continue the debate because you do not know the vast economic possibilities. Just because others did it wrong doesn't mean that we will.

Best Answer

I think it's cute that you call me sir. :o) Your denial is even cuter. I bet you're American. You don't believe it's been tried properly because it hasn't been tried by your country. Tee hee. Ignore all the evidence sweetie...keed dreaming your little dreams. Peace, Ig xx

Best Answer

You may not feel that this is applicable, and it may not be, but it comes to mind: <br />
Not long ago I read of a question similar to that being asked in a classroom and the instructor, by way of answer, told the class that they would not be receiving individual grades on tests, but that all would receive the same grade, which would be the class average. And so it was. The slackers were delighted with theer grades, the workers were not, and the average test scores declined.

Best Answer

It's not.

Best Answer

It's applicable that this is the common perception of what marxist theory is meant to accomplish, but that's false.

Best Answer

Both capitalism and Marxism are unfair economies. Because they were ideas of humanity.

Best Answer

it destroys the individual. Society becoms an all consuming monster no longer there to protect and nurture individual growth but to feed off of the individual. Basicaly if you mistreat the individual bricks that make up a wall the wall its self will collapse

Best Answer

oh you mean like capitalism?

Best Answer

Well anybody who's opinion matters is probably rich, and for them to favour Marx's theories they'd first have to accept that they're pretty much the root of all evil. <br />
I don't mind a little Das Kapital every now and then, but it's pretty unkind to the bourgeois.

Best Answer

because the leaders get rich, while the people have an equal opportunity to get rich, or to have their country's economy go bankrupt. It also disincentivizes people, which is a gravely immoral thing to do.

Best Answer

marxism is about fairness and a single class. There are no leaders in an accurate marxist economy nor does it disincentivize people because they are entitled the actual worth of their labor.

Best Answer

there must be leaders or you have chaos. as to getting the worth of your labor, what actually happens is that people who do nothing make the same as those who produce more. Marxism sounds perfect on paper, but it doesn't work in the real world...when did it ever work in the real world? what country? at what time?

Best Answer

No leaders is a complete possibility, but that's besides the point. Marxism does not imply equal income. I'm saying a good marxism economic design has never been tried in the real world. Most of the communist/socialist countries didn't do it in a way representative of marxist ideology.

Best Answer

btw the no leaders statement isn't based on some naive idea that we can coexist without structure. It's based on the knowledge that society can operate in different modes that we are fully capable of.

Best Answer

If they don't benefit me, they are unfair.

Best Answer

WHAT!!!!! HOW ARE THEY UNFAIR<br />
marxist ideals at the very CORE aim equality towards everyone in the population right??? that makes no sense

Best Answer

yup. "to each according to his ability, to each according to his need." which today would mean you do what you are capable/good at and get a fair distribution of what that's worth.

Best Answer

The ideals and the practical results are two very different things.

Best Answer

true, but before one can make that determination practical results must exist. No worthy marxist economy has ever been tried because power seeks to stop it. BTW marx himself didn't design an actual blueprint for society, but the principles are very clear.

Best Answer

You are calling a lot of decent cultures , "unworthy" there mate. Honest attempts were made and failed bevause human beings were involved.

Best Answer