blogerman blogerman 18-21, M 12 Answers Jan 23, 2012

I bet the Mayans were just playing a practical joke on us!<br />
They were probably thinking, "Hey, let's just stop our calendar here, and in a few thousand years a bunch of people will go freaking out, saying it's the end of the world!"<br />
Either that, or one of them had a premonition and the world's actually gonna end.

Best Answer

i think the first one is more likely! :) lol

Best Answer

Ignorance.

Best Answer

unfortunately, it will not be ending in 2012 i'm afraid, but the Mayan calender was rewritten every 5,000 years because at that time scale the world would undergo a shift or great change(apocalypse), and thus possibly necessitate a different system of measure. That's why they waited until the change happened to write next calendar. Thus the confusion.

Best Answer

Eh supposedly it was a problem with their calendar that would not allow any date past that.

Best Answer

cringe* it's the end of an era- hopefully a new start for earth.

Best Answer

It all ends on 22nd April, 2012 at about 9.00 UK Time.<br />
So be prepared and put on clean knickers or panties or bloomers or drawers whatever you call them where you live.

Best Answer

I think every generation has had apocolyptic (?) countdowns. This particular one just got a lot more publicity & sold a lot more books than the lesser well known scenarios.

Best Answer

At least is wasnt a culander for noodles ha ha!

Best Answer

it is a load of mumbo jumbo!! scientist laugh at this rubbish

Best Answer

I have not seen the Mayan calendar. Have you?

Best Answer

no, i havn't

Best Answer

I don't believe anyone thinks the world will end 2 years ago!

Best Answer