Rosewater Rosewater 41-45, F 10 Answers Oct 24, 2010

Sometimes the other party is not open and easy going, but judgemental and suspicious. This makes the other person aware their free choice is limited, even if they are sure they have done nothing wrong. They can either choose to tell a lie and hope life continues undisturbed by nastiness, or they can be truthful and risk a row or some other unpleasantness, even violence.

It's no contest.

I am talking of course, about an abusive relationship, so this is an extreme scenario that maybe not all will be aware of

Best Answer

I have never been able to figure out the answer to this question. I wish I knew.

Best Answer

Sometimes the truth hurts

in reply to Rosewater

Not always, I have seen the truth used as a weapon just to hurt. It is the reason for the lie, not always the lie itself that can cause pain. Telling a child that their picture is the most beautiful one you have seen, may be a lie, but it is not hurtful, telling someone that you think they look fat, or that they are stupid, or that you dislike them, might be true, but at the same time, does it really need to be said?

It is the motivation, not the lie, or truth that counts

Best Answer

yes..but lies hurt more....

Best Answer

Many reasons--maybe they feel ashamed of the truth. I knew a compulsive liar and he was trying to cover up his low self esteem.

Best Answer

Maybe they are afraid and cannot stand up to the consequences of their telling the truth.

Best Answer

what is really sad is when they believe it to be the truth.

Best Answer