My sister is a Christian. It seems she is trying to hard to be perfect. Every little mistake she makes she freaks out. She wants to be perfect for God but no one is perfect. I dont understand why she has to try and be perfect when God loves her as she is.
xstephanierose xstephanierose 18-21, F 19 Answers Mar 1, 2012

I see myself as striving to be a better person ... to be perfect is not possible as a human but we can strive to be better through the love and forgiveness of god etc... and improve what we are... maybe someone punished her so hard as a child to be perfect its made her like that. and its amazing how as an on looker you see someone as perfect but to ask them they might tell you are different story. <br />
my sister used to say similar things to me like "you think you are perfect or she'd say I know I have my faults .... but then she would expect me to declare to her all my faults ... I just wonder what she would have said if Id said "I know I have my faults also" when I was not perfect and never seen myself that way...<br />
the fact is what you see on the surface of someones make up or personality may not be what is underneath. the other thing is best you just focus on you and allow yourself to be the best you and thank your lucky stars you don't have the burden that she may have having to prove her perfection to those around her. she may be mixing with people who have too high expectations of her so she has to be extra perfect... <br />
to be honest I think people get worse at it as they get older ... something has made them feel the need to present to the world as perfect and they maybe living in deep denial about many things... and one day it will crash their perfect world down...<br />
have patience and avoid the error yourself!!!

Best Answer

I like your take on this Tsarista. My partner had the up bringing where nothing she did was ever good enough, and her mom was not the bonding type at all. Her quest in life, is to never let anyone see her fail. And she hasn't failed yet. She is a very successful business woman. I think with a price to pay. She as achieved success in one part of the life she leads. Because she focuses more on being perfect I think she has little hope or desire in surrounding herself with other successes like good caring and loving friends. Though she has me and seems to be is good with that. Honestly though, it effects me, so I guess I have to try to be more perfect as well.

Best Answer

if you're trying to be an a grade student you're trying too hard. thanks billy joel.

Best Answer

People know they can always improve. Christians who try to be perfect are far better than spiritually lazy church goers who just wanna look good but not be good. God wants us to improve ourselves because She knows that will make us happy. Christians should be anxious about improving themselves because most of them really worse than regular non-church goers.

Best Answer

honey, as the daughter of a born again christian, she converted when i was 8, please try to understand your sisters point of view. she probably actually, truly believes this stuff. imagine, for a second, how terrifying it would be to be convinced completely that the majority of the people you love dearly, with all your heart, will burn in hell for all eternity. thats some heavy duty issues right there. religion is a form of control ba<x>sed mainly on fear. all you can do is try not to challenge her beliefs or contradict them, and be her sister who loves her, christian or not. maybe its a phase, maybe its for life, but either way, compromise is key. if it becomes an issue, politely ask that she refrain from pushing her faith onto you in a heavy manner. gently ask about her wellbeing, maybe she is depressed, or searching for some type of meaning or order to our random chaotic world. all you can do is forgive her bluntness if and when it happens, and wait for her to realise she cant be perfect because then shed be a god. counselling may help her, and her church pastor may even offer that type of service. stress and anxiety are bad for the mental AND physical health, of ALL humans...including the loved ones of the affected person. seek outside intervention if it goes too far. it is all too easy to fall prey to serious mental health issues in this world we live in. good luck x

Best Answer

She sounds like she might be trying a little to hard. Part of being perfect is to have an ability to forgive yourself for your failings. Perfect doesn't mean getting everything right. I believe it is doing the best you can with what you have and appreciating all that you have been given. No none of can be perfect, but that should never stop us from trying, which is perfect enough.

Best Answer

let her be what she wants to be,no one is complaining about how you live your life.

Best Answer

Impossible to be perfect, so 'why' I have no idea, except to outshine other mere mortals.

Best Answer

Bc they feel perfect and try to express perfection in a way they know. But everyone is perfect.

Best Answer

Because they are trying to match you

Best Answer

at least she tries. which is more than I can say. l: it's a very narrow and lonely path to walk.

Best Answer

Because nobody looks down on the perfect.

Best Answer

comes natural ;)

Best Answer

i think we all strive to improve ourselves in some ways, on a daily basis.

Best Answer

Because even in her faith, she cannot trust that God can love her the way she is...even though in being hum, we are automatically imperfect,,Just a guess

Best Answer

Perfection is something that cannot be achieved, just something to strive for, it is like climbing a mountain, once at the top you realize there are much bigger mountains, and by mountains I mean breasts.

Best Answer