Seems people can be selfish when they want you to do what benefits them without regard to what is best for you.
SmartSweet1 SmartSweet1 51-55, F 22 Answers Jul 21, 2012

Because there are a lot of selfish f¥¢kers out there. Which is why I have learned to be more selective on who I allow into my life. & as soon as my spidey senses start tingling & I sense BS in the air I hand out walking papers. Simple as that. I used to be a sweet heart who was always helping every one who needed saving, Until I learned that most people are full of $hit & will take advantage of you when given the opportunity to do so. I am a much happier person now that I am more selective. Sorry about the profanity, I just tend to speak what's on my mind.

Best Answer

this.

Best Answer

Because they don't care. Drop them on their *** as soon as possible. They dont deserve you as a friend or as an acquaintance for that matter.

Best Answer

It's amazing how many people have no empathy whatsoever.

Best Answer

I've been treated like **** way too many times. And I'm at the point where its like 3 strikes and you're out. If they care about you, they'll fight for your friendship.

Best Answer

Theoretically, but realistically most people are very selfish and just move on to the next person. They have a hard time swallowing their pride and saying "I am sorry." It's easier for them to walk away than to maintain a friendship. But funny how when these types of people need something, they come crawling back expecting all to be magically forgiven. Go figure!

Best Answer

That kind of reminds me of one of my friends. Makes me think because before I used to have a car and we'd hang out a lot and now that my sister took it back and I have no money for gas to see her, she has literally not even bothered trying to see me and its been over 2 months. She manages to see her boyfriend though who gives her everything she asks and pays for all her stuff as long as she gives him sex. Or this chick that she met named Kristen who has a car and a job and ****. She hangs out with everyone but me now. ****** me off.

Best Answer

I so know what you mean. It's one of those triggering moments where others decide that they are either fed up with you or no longer have a use for you. Forget the fact that it tears us up inside and hurts like hell. Oh no, that doesn't matter. It's funny how shallow many are when it comes to finding someone that appeals more for the moment and thus quickly dispelling your friendship. You should read my most recent story just posted within the last hour. It may give you some peace.

Best Answer

I'm about to. And I'm going to add you. You seem cool as hell.

Best Answer

aww thank you. You are pretty special yourself. It's always refreshing to find a friend that has the same perspective about things that the rest of the world doesn't seem to get. :)Thanks for adding me. :)

Best Answer

The secret is balance I think. I want to live my life the way I want to as well, but if you do that all the time, you won't have the space for anyone else!!!!

Best Answer

b/c their selfish n its sad u dnt want to associate wit peps like that they mean u no good in ya life

Best Answer

Because if they aren't handling theirs correctly, why would anyone take their advice?

Best Answer

You are either giving too much or you are having high expectations.

Best Answer

You know what I often wonder about that too...and still doesn't know the answer! If I had a go at answering, I'd say out of selfishness.

Best Answer

Great question,and you have to consider it on a person by person basis.

Best Answer

Self preservation. This is why the wild often eat their young.

Best Answer

Get away from these toxic people

Best Answer

Some people are completely self-absorbed and lack not only empathy but common sense when it comes to situations requiring compromise. And many control-freaks are insensitive narcissists.

Best Answer

Guess it's the bored little pissants live their life through yours.<br />
Or it could be they think everyone should live their life the way they live theirs...<br />
Live your life your way and to h-ll with the rest!

Best Answer

Thanks oldfarmguy :). I think you hit the proverbial nail on the head...those who have no life live vicariously through others. Plus I do think there's a lot of validity in what you say about them wanting others to live as they do. Ugh...I think keeping to oneself is often best. Thanks again.

Best Answer

Read the book Boundaries...also it's ok to get rid of those types of people in your life

Best Answer

try to stop being ''peoples pleaser'' and set limits on others around you. Its polite to care about people around you and please them at times.. But dont forget yourself! if they dont treat you the same way you treat them then thats their problem.. dont let something like this put you down. Stop basing your self worth on how much you do for other people. You gotta learn how to say no :)

Best Answer

Thank you.
Here's the deal though, I kept saying, "no" to a situation to the point that I finally lost it. Nothing worked for explanations regardless of how calm I was. It's just depressing knowing that what I said fell on deaf ears. Thanks for your input.

Best Answer

Many people are like that. It is like if you wanted to take your own life. You could be suffering to the point where there is just no way out. The other people around you just can't have that said person around anymore for them to do whatever those people want from them. It is a fine line, however.

Best Answer

Fallen nature. Me, ME, ME, SeLF

Best Answer