Our emotions don't tell enough?
puzzles100 puzzles100 22-25, F 18 Answers Jul 27, 2009

The color black and its relationship to funerals dates back to England. The color black in English history represented dignity, respect, and spiritual reflection. The relatively recent funeral of the Queen Mother in England was a reminder of the continued tradition in England of the country wearing black as a symbol of respect. During the Middle Ages, in the Christian religious tradition, the color black symbolized the earth through the biblical interpretation of the phrase "ashes to ashes and dust to dust

Best Answer

Its white in Asia

Best Answer

Well black is sadness and always has its a dark color and going to funerals you don't want to wear neon colors being fun funerals are not fun there sad so black is dark and sad so that's why we wear black.

Best Answer

But you cant spell funeral without fun

Best Answer

happy as hell LOL

Best Answer

people wore black as it was the same suit they would wear to church as they were poor and that was all they could afford.

Best Answer

In many muslim countries, people wear white.

Best Answer

I don't think of black as sadness. I'm wearing black now and I'm happy as hell. Black is actually pretty sexy, so you're really just projecting your own feelings about black, which you don't have to do.<br />
On the other hand, I think what you're really asking is why people have to project their own morbid depression at funerals. Here it is, a celebration over someone's life, and everyone feels like they have to be dead too. What bothers you more, really? That someone is wearing black, or that everyone has to paint this uniformly morose look on their faces, whisper and look all downcast. That is until it's time to scarf on that delicious potato salad! mmm<br />
I'm not saying there isn't some sadness at a funeral. But there are also other emotions, and it's fu(ked to demand such a conformity of misery and despair. So that's really why people wear black. It's just a symbol that says, "Hey, I will be miserable because I really don't know WTF else to do at a funeral and don't want to risk offending anyone".

Best Answer

youre saying an opinion, thats very nice. youre a idiot. sorry, not really.

Best Answer

if you wear festive colors it will appear that you are glad someone died.

Best Answer

Bright colors make people cry more. Smiles are terrible for depressed people, it's like the person is happy about our pain if they wear bright colors. Basically because misery loves company.

Best Answer

Its just tradition.

Best Answer

I don't. I wear whatever I feel like.

Best Answer

I never understood either, I would think we'd wear dark blue

Best Answer