m2extreme m2extreme 31-35, F 16 Answers May 26, 2011

So many reasons-<br />
1. Guilt and/or shame- don't want to hurt or bother the other person<br />
2. Fear<br />
3. Depression makes people not think clearly<br />
4. Hard to be around people<br />
5. Too many other reasons.<br />
Usually it isn't intentional but at times it can be. For me, a lot of it is shame and not wanting to burden others. Plus I feel like no one cares so why bother opening my mouth.

Best Answer

I push people when I am feeling down because I dont want people to see my weaknesses, my tears and my anguish. I feel that it can be judged and I feel a little crazy on the inside, like not in control of my emotions. I dont like it, so how can someone else like me when im like this. I judge myself, so how can others whom I built this trust with, not judge me the same. Ive seen the judgement come out already in other instances, but them i find myself suffering in silence...

Best Answer

Because a person fels that you don't have any energy to deal with people and that you can only deal with yourself. That is why I push people way when I am depressed. I have a lack of energy to be around people when i am depressed. People should just let me be and let me sleep it off or work it off :-)

Best Answer

I have finally learned this...just let them be....they always bounce back.

Best Answer

For me, it's because I don't want to bring my friends down along with me. Why should I ruin their happiness just because I can't be happy?

Best Answer

you ever wonder tho if your concept of what makes them happy is wrong? I dunno...just found the depressive in my life likes to tell me when and where I was happy...lol without consulting with me first if he's accurate.

Best Answer

I don't know, most of the time I don't even realize I am doing it.

Best Answer

Because they think they don't deserve them, and that they are only a burden to them.

Best Answer

Because they feel worthless, and don't want to ruin their partners lies either. The other thing is sometimes it is a desperate plea for help.

Best Answer

I'm depressed right now, and I push people away because it is embarrassing to admit that I am depressed. I don't want to be a burden. So I belong to EP, here I can talk without feling ashamed!!! I am about to loose my boyfriend because he feels like he failed because he couldn't help me, he feels it's his fault, so I try not to spend too much time with him so I can act OK when he sees me! I've been depressed for 6 months and stopped answering the phone to my parents and sister because I knew they would figure it out, I "came out" to them on Tuesday, 6 months too late!!!

Best Answer

I don't know but if you find out please tell me. rdcou812@juno.com, Rob

Best Answer

They feel like they bring others down.

Best Answer

Its because they want loneliness and its the best medicine to beat depression as u will come out of many new ways by urself..

Best Answer

People with depression tend to beat up on themselves and not do the right things to get out of the depression. I should know.

Best Answer

No one wants to see you in your "Jammies"..now do they??

Best Answer