Gemzaayy Gemzaayy 26-30, F 13 Answers Oct 18, 2012 in Hobbies

its worse when the bastards dont give you the name of the song

Best Answer

Oh that really p isses me off

Best Answer

As a radio DJ, You can't we have to talk over the songs or else 1) people can take the songs from the show and 2) there would be a gap of no sound which sounds horrid. We do it to make the radio show all connect. So the answer to your question is No we can't keep are Gobs shut.

Best Answer

As someone who has tried for several years to make it in radio, I smile when I hear a dj on air. Why do people talk on air? It's how it's always been done. However, to give you a little insight, talking up a song to the vocal ie. frontselling. ie. talking up to the post is not as easy as it sounds. It takes years to get good at it, only to see it go down the drain. People get into radio thinking they're going to be the next Wolfman Jack or Coyote McCloud (look up Coyote McCloud on Youtube) That's what we thought it would be like. Look up what the industry has become now.

Best Answer

Yes, that's why I don't bother with the radio much I get fed up with switching it on and listening to their self-indulgent babble, about a story they're on about from two hours before. I channel hop to miss it.

Best Answer

to annoy us into going and buying the songs for ourselves.

Best Answer

Thats true!!!

Best Answer

I agree entirely. It's annoying, especially if Chris Evans happens to be the DJ!

Best Answer

I cant stand him!!!

Best Answer

There's a surprise! ;-)

Best Answer

I thought one time it was because a person couldn't copy then pirate the songs ... dj's had to talk at the end and beginning of the song to prevent this

Best Answer

It is apparantly...... thats what Idonwannadie says

Best Answer

Um, I am old enough to remember recording songs on my cassette tape and being so, so mad when they talked over the beginning and/or end of a song. What I would have done for an iPod circa 1983!

Best Answer

LOL I used to do that too

Best Answer

Or when they start talking and the song hasn't even ended just yet! It's pretty annoying.

Best Answer

Oh yeah I hate that

Best Answer

Hello Gemzaayy...<br />
It's because they get paid if they keep jabbering

Best Answer

Thanks :-)

Best Answer

I agree. I hate that.

Best Answer

No, it will cost the radio station a lot more money if they did shut while playing the song.

Best Answer

lol I dont believe ya!!

Best Answer

Well, young lady. The radio station pays rights to broadcast music. The rates for totally playing songs are about 50% higher then the rates for interrupted music. I did learn something when working for a radio and television station. You'd be amazed at the amount of monies that go to the organisations that claim to protect the artistes rights.

Best Answer

I thought you were taking the p out of me LOL

Best Answer

I can imagine that to be true - if the DJs didn't talk over the songs people could just record them all without any interruption making it less likely people would pay for the songs.

Best Answer

No, I wasn't. I think it idiotic as well, but rules are rules.

Best Answer

That is amazing lol!!! It makes sense tho cause *coughs* I used to tape songs off of the radio :-P

Best Answer

Didn't we all. And then there are (were) the free internet downloads... ;-)

Best Answer