Sazzio Sazzio 22-25, M 9 Answers Apr 11, 2012

I've grown up around very religious people. Most try to be good people and practice as they preach. There are a few who are all high and mighty but practice evil. For the most part, though, it's the extremists and ones who get the microphone that are the hypocrites. Real, down to earth, God fearing people are some of the kindest, warmest people you'll ever meet.

Best Answer

There is a lot of good stuff in religion. Read all the major works of religion and you find a few common themes. Don't steal. Don't murder. You won't be happy if you covet what others have. <br />
Some of the stuff is easy to agree with but hard to follow and sometimes you slip. That doesn't mean you shouldn't strive to be better.<br />
I've done drugs in my past, but will tell anyone (and especially my daughters) don't do it. Does that make me a hypocrite? Maybe and if so i will accept that, but it doesn't mean just because I made a mistake you should make it too.

Best Answer

I find that people generally do this, not only religious people. They would not be happy or fulfilled in a certain situation themselves, yet they expect me to be for some reason.

Best Answer

They are excited by the fantasy of sin.

Best Answer

hence, the hipocrites

Best Answer

Only cuz someone else convinced them that it was the right thing to do, or suffer the consequences in an afterlife scenario. I consider it social brainwashing.

Best Answer