spitterboy spitterboy 26-30 9 Answers Dec 25, 2012 in Religion

Belief in the possability of a God has nothing to do with intellegance.

Best Answer

or lack of, apparantly

Best Answer

Your answer was provided...<br />
when you employed the word.... "seemingly" :)

Best Answer

Because people who don't are stupid, the bible is the truth so you HAVE to shut up and accept it, OK!? And it's not that bad just that a man was in a fish for 3 days, women come from a rib, Noah ark had 2 of every animal (or was it 7?), a man resurrecting, man offering his two daughters up to be raped and the man was seen as the good guy, a man sacrificed his son (or was it the goat?) and of course the classics like the world is flat and the sun rotating around the earth!<br />
Just so many facts and truths that happen all the time in the USA.<br />
Oh wait, no I see your point.

Best Answer

I believe in God and his word because of what i have witnessed with my senses , what i have i cannot share in the same alikeness , i wish i could , so telling you he is , would be somewhat meaningless to you without proof that i lack in except for myself , its frustrating for me too to have a proof that i cannot share or to lack understanding as to why things are a certain way in the world and God seems to to nothing , so all i can do is tell my stories on EP , and hope that maybe 1 out of a million might believe me , because they sound so outrageous and impossible , but thats the way he is , anyway you sound very intelligent , and certainly stand up for what you believe and i admire that in you , thank you

Best Answer

Hope and prayer is natural, science doesn't fill that gap.

Best Answer

They may be faking intelligence.<br />
It may have to do with their upbringing.<br />
I was raised catholic, but when I reached the age where I could form my own opinions, I thought long and hard about religion and decided to take it all at face value. The Bible is a book of stories, nothing more.<br />
I only have respect for those who want to believe, but unlike Christians, I don't try to cram my views down someone else's throat so they believe what I believe (or dont).

Best Answer

Because they feel that there is a transcendental reason for existence? Perhaps things have occurred in their lives that left them no doubt of the presence of a higher power? Lots of reasons.

Best Answer