My daughter (and my niece) who I both think are beautiful., and are at least good looking (others tell me my daughter is gorgeous), both pick boys who others (male and female) tell me are...well... ugly! He has a lousy job (its a go nowhere job at a grocery store), isn't smart (he tried college, and I saw some of his test grades. 40/100), his parents are possible the stupidest people I've even met! I know she has low self-esteem (which I work hard at rebuilding). I think his only redeeming quality is; he isn't in a gang, not on drugs and he isn't a criminal. Those just aren't very high goals.
5hadow 5hadow 51-55 14 Answers Dec 10, 2012 in Friendship

Atleast he has a job and doesnt take money from her

Best Answer

he didn't get the job on his own merits, he was recommended by someone who worked there. and he just asks her and she buys it for him :(

Best Answer

I understand u want the best for your daughter but why dont u give this young man a chance? Spend some time with him. Hes still in school and trying to make some money. Doesnt matter who got him the job. If hes a lazyass he wouldnt even want to work to begin with.

Best Answer

he gave up on school after half a semester. I did try, he lied to me. and they cause each other to lie (she admitted this to me)! so she lies to me.

Best Answer

Sounds like shes young and still figuring stuff out. Just please.. If she comes to you and wants to marry one of these guys, tell her to travel for a year and if she comes back and still wants to she will have your blessing. My world was so small when I was that age, I wasn't aware of all there is to experience out there in the big wide world.

Best Answer

Until I came along, she had never been anywhere. I've taken her places, and want to take her to more places, open her eyes and expand her horizons.

Best Answer

So if 'hypothetically' I had money, some of the highest grades in the country, was decent looking, with highly respected and intelligent parents; when could I expect your daughter?

Best Answer

I'm not asking for a genius, or even someone pretty. I'm looking for someone who can encourage her and help her be her best. I'm not going to deliver her to you or anyone.

Best Answer

If their happy then that's a plus. Sounds like your not happy with their choices?

Best Answer

Thing is, she isn't happy, at least judging by what she has told her few close friends. The talk to me because I'm the "cool dad" who listens to them.

Best Answer

and I olny want what's best for her. I really don't want a lifetime if strife and hardship for her! So no, I'm not pleased.

Best Answer

Now i understand,sorry. Your a caring father,how old is your daughter, (if you don't me asking)?

Best Answer

20. I'm hoping she can and will see the "light". I'll keep encouraging her to do and be everything she can be!
Its hard bc I love her so much!

Best Answer

You will have trust her,i'm sure she will be fine and your there if she needs you. But she will go to her friends that's normal.

Best Answer

I hope so. most of her friends have abandoned her :(

Best Answer

It's a tough time being 20 especially these days.

Best Answer

those years are never easy... I really DO remember!

Best Answer

We all handle them differently. Good luck with your daughter.

Best Answer

None of us knows what makes someone attracted to anyone else.<br />
Sometimes lack of self-esteem plays a role in the choices we make too.<br />
Probably the best idea to just let them live their lives. If they made bad choices, hopefully they'll learn from them as they mature.

Best Answer

I really don't want her to have a lifetime if strife and hardship.

Best Answer

They're just attracted to the "bad boys". It happens so often to young girls. If your daughter in underage and you can put a stop her being with him. Otherwise, she might just have to learn for herself that the attraction with bsf boys is really too much drama. Sadly, a lot of grown women don't even realize that.

Best Answer

I'm more than willing to let her make her own mistakes. I'd be negligent as a father and parent if I didn't at least let her know about things that "might" happen.
and I'll always be there to pick her up if she needs! (that's part of the dad job too!)

Best Answer

true! she's 20, so little I can really do :/

Best Answer

....and why do some reproduce with them and contaminate their gene-pool??????

Best Answer

opposites attract? :D choosing a partner who is a notch or two lower on the totem pole gives them a psychological edge to feel safe and in control

Best Answer

I'd be happy with someone only a notch or two below...I'd be thrilled! C:
this boy is practically a lower species!

Best Answer

i guess we buried the bar on this one lol!

Best Answer

Maybe you should rethink the smart part.

Best Answer

I meant intelligent. point taken though

Best Answer

I know, Did not mean anything by it. But maybe there is something about that person you can not see!

Best Answer

judging by their friends reactions (and abandonment), no one else sees it either

Best Answer