TheSquirrel TheSquirrel 46-50, M 17 Answers Nov 11, 2012 in Hobbies

ALL countries generally act to protect the interests of those in power. To this end, countries do shameful things that most individuals would not do in good conscience. <br />
Can we blame the average Brit or Yank for his/her country's imperialism? Can you blame the average German for the holocaust? Of course not. Decisions like that are made by people hiding behind large groups. There is no risk of being directly blamed for those decisions. <br />
Naturally, that makes it difficult for an individual to defend ANY country, unless he's just a flag-waver who needs to believe his country is better than someone else's.<br />
"There is no such thing as group conscience"<br />
Henry David Thoreau

Best Answer

This is what I was talking about. This guy wants to define everything for us. How we "need" to feel like our country is better. It's so good that we have these types running around telling us how to live a better life, otherwise we wouldn't have a clue we should be miserable and ashamed.

Best Answer

I don't worry too much about imperialism. That was how it was done back in the day. I have no problem defending the USA, even with our twin original sins, slavery and Indian treatment, because we have evolved in a better direction. I can be sorry about those without running down the rest of everything.

Best Answer

I think that makes them classier.

Best Answer

Classier than the French, right?

Best Answer

Classier than any foolish patriot of whatever country.

Best Answer

That is a dickhead question, you must be an American.

Best Answer

Why is it ?

Best Answer

I stick up for my country unashamedly. Why is what?

Best Answer

Yes. We coined the term "dickhead." We write songs about them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTINBQGBM7Y

Best Answer

Good on you young boy :))

Best Answer

well said unquestioned too much english bashing on hre sad when we're remembering our dead of 2world warsan beyond

Best Answer

Thank you prettyflamingo. ;)

Best Answer

I love the poppy in your hair. :))

Best Answer

Why is it a dickhead question ?

Best Answer

Get stuffed fool.

Best Answer

Yeah, Same in USA. You try and mention that you love your country and are proud of it and you're called a racist monster and an idiot.

Best Answer

I live in Kansas. We can say it without concern of abuse.

Best Answer

Watch my next question.

Best Answer

Against who?

Best Answer

Because their past is steeped in shame.

Best Answer

That is the impression I get, but then, why the shame? You guys are responsible for so much of the good in the world.

Best Answer

Unlike the pristine pasts of most other nations?

Best Answer

god forgive u for saying that

Best Answer

How do you mean

Best Answer

I was just poking some fun at them yesterday when I answered a question. Plenty of Brits still up, but no defense of country. I was really surprised. I did not think y'all took crap, even little bits, from anyone. It got me wondering if the situation was more than just me making a bad joke.

Best Answer

Born Warriors my friend

Best Answer

Glad to here it has not changed.

Best Answer

I'm not a Britt but love the Britt sense of adventure.. it takes balls to do that.

Best Answer

Lots of tea, and lots of balls

Best Answer

hehehe

Best Answer

I live in England, a part of the United Kingdom, speak English but am, British. <br />
If I had to fight [& I hope that would never be necessary] I would do it for Britain, not England, which is not a country. <br />
To an extent we do not need to defend anything, our history cannot be re-written [despite recent attempts to do so], British descendents are worldwide & British influence is everywhere - what is increasingly the accepted language throughout the world for example?

Best Answer

The language is just one of the many excellent things spread around the world. My favorites are the common law and the rule of law.

Best Answer

A Justice system, public services &amp; an open dialogue with other countries.........
I wouldn't wish our weather on anybody though.

Best Answer

Even so, I understand any and everything grows there, at least in the southern parts.

Best Answer

cos thyre toobusygoing off to fight otherppl wars..respect and whlie im at it dnt target justenglsih w're welsh northern irish and scotland

Best Answer

Huh... and all this time I thought you were just being polite and smart enough to not argue with idiots.. Turns out you are just chicken.sh.i.ts... ( according to some of your answers )

Best Answer

No, not chicken ****, filled with squirrel poo.

Best Answer

;0)

Best Answer

Due to the fact that we live in a shithole of a country filled to bursting with *****

Best Answer