The US routinely pays dictators billions and supports them with weapons and even threatened to bomb poor little Haiti back into the stone age when they elected a socialist president. It's said the US is an enemy you can trust and a great place to live, but you wouldn't want to be our neighbor. We're not the evil empire, but tough to like much less love. Modern day Rome actually.

Best Answer

Look up Jean-Bertrand Aristide. Puppet dictators are a dime a dozen and every imperialistic power in the world uses them including not least of all the US. It has nothing to do with what is the interest of the people and everything to do with what is in the best interest of the empire and the international conglomerates. This is basic world history 101 and I suggest you actually learn the basics of international politics before forming an opinion on the subject.

Best Answer

Wuliheron and my Haitian father are right. :)

Best Answer

Aristide accused the US of instigating the military cue in the first place and the US wouldn't leave Haiti alone if they paid us to leave them alone. Again, puppet dictators are a dime a dozen and the US has supported countless dictators and overthrown countless governments whenever it is to our advantage. As far as I'm concerned that is neither good nor bad, just a fact of life in a dog-eat-dog international scene where everyone is afraid the other guy will take over the world. However, it is a major reason people in other countries resent us and I certainly can't blame them for that.

Best Answer

Those same grateful people in the middle east also resent the US intervention in Israel and know perfectly well they are pawns in a larger game. Their resentment is genuine, they have every reason to be resentful, and feeling like helpless pawns at the mercy of strangers only adds to the resentment. That's what this thread is all about, not why they might also feel grateful in some ways.

Best Answer

LOL, we supply them the guns! The US doesn't want to play full time nanny to them and they spend much more time killing each other than westerners. They feel the same way many Americans do that you can have their guns when you pry them from their cold dead fingers.

Best Answer

I am british and I don't dislike the US totally. In fact I love quite a lot of its culture. I think a lot of people misunderstand the US.<br />
People think of the US over here like Hollywood. Which is fake. Others will directly think about the US Government and the controversy of it. <br />
Its much like what I believe most Americans think about the UK. They think the stereotypes and thats about it. Which is totally wrong. We don't all sound the same, and we don't all drink tea. And I don't shagsheep -_-

Best Answer

For jalacy and for some US foreign policies....<br />
BTW, I love US and each n every country in the planet.

Best Answer

Because were busy bodies ,we cant mind our own business and travel all over the world proving it

Best Answer

All the jealous ones who want what we have but don't want to work for it. Funny how all countries have people leaving them and wanting to come to the USA.<br />
I know you libs hate America, so why don't you make yourselves happy and go live in the workers paradises of Cuba and Yemen, Maybe Iran or Iraq?

Best Answer

I love Cuba! I got a cheap direct fly, cost of living was cheap, and when I got sick, they took great care of me.

Best Answer

Wow is that really what you think? You think you can chalk all negative feelings about the US around the world to jealousy? Nothing to do with our foreign policy?

Best Answer

Thanks Twyla, I'll be traveling back to Cuba some time in the future. FYI: I'm Canadian, thanks for showing your ignorance for others.

Best Answer

I said you were ignorant because you assumed I was a liberal. Making it sound like I'm an American, which I am not nor liberal. Second, the comment you made I should go back to Cube was offensive in many ways. If you cannot understand why, then who's more superior than who?

Best Answer

*Cuba

Best Answer

it's a game from kindergarten called king of the castle. right now america sits on top of the hill and everybody else wishes it was them. soon they'll start to throw rocks...

Best Answer

Some people argue that it is China on top.

Best Answer

This is the real reason. Few hated America when it was protecting the free world during the Cold War. However, when it emerged for the Cold War the lone super power other countries became jealous.

Best Answer

It should be considering how much America depends on their produce to provide our materials, pretty sad how underrated China is.

Best Answer

china might well be on top, but they stay pretty quiet. america is so cocky it just asks to be despised.

Best Answer

yeah. and tibet.

Best Answer

100 plus years of using military force, economic pressure, covert operations, etc. to force other countries to do what we want.

Best Answer

Didn't say it made us different--if anything we've been more restrained than many superpowers of the past. It still doesn't make us beloved of the people we do it to, which was the question.

Best Answer

I can see the reasoning behind the list of nations (though there's an equally large or largest list of nations who would feel the opposite), but why Iraqi women? Last I heard Saddam ran a basically non-sectarian government in which women had rights, got educations, worked, etc.

Best Answer

Because USA isn't as innocent as it portrays we do some pretty damned deeds...not good ones either...

Best Answer

because we are super arrogant and tend to say iam better then you and then just to prove our point we will look it up and research it just to be better in one thing just to push it in some one else face

Best Answer

I must say, not everyone is so patriotic but when I hear Obama or some other dude say "God bless America, the best country in the world" I can't help but be a little annoyed.

Best Answer

IDK but everyone seems to want to come here.

Best Answer

Not true. Not everyone wants to be an American.

Best Answer

Most people want to come to America,when they take a pole in other countries America always ranks very high on the list.

Best Answer

Newcomers like your country until they arrive there and realize the high employment rates, high cost of living, messed up foreign affairs, etc. Is it really impressive that your country has that many people? I think not, it sounds over populated and overcrowded.

Best Answer

but people still try so hard to get in and the polls still say america is the place to be.If you don't want to come here that is ok,EP is based in America too so why bother w/an American company?I don't get people knocking it here yet they love all the stuff America has done like make the internet available world wide,provide computers to poor countries,give billions and billions to help other countries.Some people have no appreciation.

Best Answer

I agree that newcomers love your country and I have a vast appreciation for the USA and Americans. I ask these types of questions because I think America is very interesting. My comment was directed to Twyla as she's been rude, has shown no appreciation or respect for my country, and has harassed me several times. Yes, EP is based in America but there are many Canadian resources that used in America or companies in America that are Canadian. Does that mean Twyla shouldn't use them because she trashes Canada? My intention was not to knock the US but when someone criticizes my country, I will defend it, as you would defend yours. Some Americans knock Canada but they fail to recognize the strong partnership between the countries and their lack of appreciation of it.

Best Answer

My Canadian friends all tell this joke "what is the best thing about being Canadian,we have the U.S to protect us,fight a war for us,etc ..various answers to that degree.I do not think anyone knows your from Canada at least I did not and so what if she bashes you ,take with a grain of salt.Don't let stuff get to you.People all over the world want to live here /your country etc.They all want to come to North America...ok better?So don't be so defensive. Twyla is just very pro American as she should be.

Best Answer

I'm don't think I was being defensive, I was just being pro Canadian. That's all. :)

Best Answer

whatever you are being don't let people opinions get you worked up,in the end it doesn't really matter.You have what you have and you do the best you can.No go enjoy some Canadian football and I will enjoy some American football.

Best Answer

LOL. Your football is better!

Best Answer

they think they are all that, but in fact the USA is not the only country on this planet. they think they are so awesome with most of the world's most famous stars who live there. no matter if they are candian, british, australian etc. most live there. and i just dislike them but not ALL the people. some are very nice :)

Best Answer

exactly!!

Best Answer

Brought to you by Air America, and other similar affiliated organizations and funded groups.

Best Answer

because americans think they run the world

Best Answer

Where does one even begin ............

Best Answer

Or end?!

Best Answer

it never ends..........

Best Answer

totally agree with Artattack<br />
if America is so nosy, intrusive and repugnant why do so many people fromother countries want to come here?

Best Answer

Hmmm....the question was why some countries dislike USA?

Best Answer

I would like to know also

Best Answer

Do you really want to be liked by them? Are we that insecure?

Best Answer

Are Americans not insecure?

Best Answer

there are no naturally good or evil countries. But countries who have power can do ****** up things because they can.

Best Answer