heavyduty1 heavyduty1 66-70, M 21 Answers Oct 20, 2012 in EP

Because for many of us, joining the group is the story.

Best Answer

Wow epic answer.

Best Answer

Very zen. The answer lies within (the question)?

Best Answer

I'm new here and have not yet looked through the groups, however your statement does indeed say it all. Great answer.

Best Answer

Thank you
**bows**

Best Answer

best answer :)

Best Answer

thanks chica ;)

Best Answer

Maybe they just see the group and think, "That sounds like me" and they add it. <br />
I mean, who really needs to write a story to "I Like Chocolate"? It is what it is.

Best Answer

sure!

Best Answer

That might suggest that the original writer's impulse to contribute was also unnecessary, and that this question of mine is therefore irrelevant, as your response, in consequence, must also be...ad inifinitum...and perhaps these computers, electricity, fire, society, vocabulary, thought...are but dust in the wind.

Best Answer

Sometimes I feel that my story is just a repeat of the same story I've told in other related groups, and it seems silly to spam the same story multiple times.

Best Answer

Very true. Some people do post exactly the same story against several experiences. I've always assumed people do that for extra EP tokens.

Best Answer

It's OK to plagiarise yourself in aid of others.

Best Answer

There ought to be a law!

Best Answer

I think there is: 'The Law of Gravity'? Or is it 'The Law of Gravy'?

Best Answer

Whilst I think sometimes it might be difficult to expose yourself I think personally to join a group you should share your common interests with the others in that group- otherwise it can feel a bit like visiting the zoo

Best Answer

Thanks; release your inner animal!

Best Answer

Lack of confidence maybe.

Best Answer

Yes, I can definitely relate to that. On the other hand, I have discovered that, in my case, the exercise of responding to EP questions has helped me to organize my own thinking and even, eventually, to create some new groups. As an added and much appreciated benefit, I am now able to communicate more freely with my family and acquaintances. In short, I understand myself better, even at this late date.

Best Answer

I ask this very same question 2 1/2 yrs ago , my conclusion is they are liars , they don't have the experience they only want the prestige of having boned the president of a foreign country or fighting off Somali warriors with their bare hands and that's why they don't have a story to tell

Best Answer

LOL ! And every imaginable experience is here, from the obscure "I'm Still Waiting For The 15 Minutes of Fame Andy Warhol Promised" to the mundane "I Found a Rare Tropical Beetle in My Salad"...

Best Answer

yeah I always wanted to join the "Lesbians for Jesus" group but I didn't have a story

Best Answer

Perhaps they just don't wish to share stories on particular experiences.

Best Answer

That may be, but isn' this an opportunity to work through one's own experience, in relative anonymity, in the company of kindred spirits?

Best Answer

Yes, an opportunity, but not a requirement. Some experiences may have a much greater significance for people than others so perhaps they choose to share stories on just a few.

Best Answer

Yes, in my retirement I do spend a great deal of time on EP, and must learn to honour the perspectives of others. Thank you for the heads-up.

Best Answer

shy, perhaps 'like' the page but have trouble expressing themselves. so what if they don't write. bet they still comment!

Best Answer

D’accord. Vous avez bien raison.

Best Answer

Some groups I join for amusement, some for camaraderie, some to show a common experience, and some for which I have a story to share. If I don't have something new to add to the group stories by sharing a story, then just joining seems like enough.

Best Answer

Having read so many similar responses I am beginning to appreciate the act of joining as both supportive and also self-defining.

Best Answer

What am I supposed to write in groups like "I admire Indian and Arab beauty" lool

Best Answer

You could say why you like it and make comparisons to beauty in your own culture (which I guess is Western).

Best Answer

You don't need to write anything, nor do you need to join others of the group. Admire their beauty in your mind's eye and heed them with your heart.

Best Answer

I only join groups to meet like minded people, and I contribute my stories to encourage them to be my friend. Except fpr a few groups I join for amusement, like "I like jokes and riddles" or "I have a funny story to tell" I contribute there to but finding friends is not a priority

Best Answer

We must be enjoying the same coma.

Best Answer

I really can't say I enjoyed mine, but waking up to that beautiful nurse was a pleasure

Best Answer

Love is where you find it.

Best Answer

Someone mentioned that you get points for joining groups and rack up a lot of groups to gain points. I usually find a group because I have a story to contribute where it would be most appropriate.

Best Answer

I've seen people that belong to over 20,ooo groups. That baffles me.

Best Answer

Yes. It's like people who have thousands of "friends". I only add people I think I'll enjoy talking with. I don't know how people with 5000+ friends would manage that.

Best Answer

I know that I'm repeating myself, but: Less is more.

Best Answer

...and how many stories have they contributed?

Best Answer

"And in the end, the live you take is equal to the love you make." - from The Beatle's song, 'The End'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a_8F6gflxQ

Best Answer

voyeuristic tendencies?

Best Answer

Indeed, but why join the group?

Best Answer

i don't even remember joining groups , i think it just happens somehow

Best Answer

Yes, life, fortunately, is magical.

Best Answer

sometimes it really is

Best Answer

Perhaps even always?
An Ed Mirvish poster on the side of his store, 'Honest Ed's', in Toronto, Canada suggests: "A place like this place comes only once in a lifetime, sometimes never!"

Best Answer