There are many questions here about love and romance. I always say O am not interested in having a romance. I have given up on having a romantic relationship, because I have never had a successful one. I haven't been hurt in nearly 20 years. So, why, pray tell, do so many people think it is so sad?
Serenitree Serenitree 70+, F 21 Answers May 19, 2012

that is what they need<br />
and they don't understand why you don't

Best Answer

Well, I guess that could be an explanation. So many tell me not to give up hope.

Best Answer

it's sad because your relationship is dry ....<br />
it's not sad because you won't suffer<br />
and it is wonderful to live the way you want

Best Answer

Not sad, in any way at all. Thanks for your response.

Best Answer

I don't think it's sad at all! I get it totally. I'm not in a romantic relationship and I feel fine! I do what I want, when I want. I indulge my interests, I learn new things, I relax when I want, I have friends and family. It's a good life.

Best Answer

YESSSSS! You do get it. Thank you.

Best Answer

I'm with you, ladies!

Best Answer

Because human nature needs to be loved and cared by someone !

Best Answer

I am loved and cared for by many. Also, I love and care for many. I have a large family with whom I am very close. I just don't have or want or need a partner.

Best Answer

Oh oky.. It's not a problem :) do what comforts you :)

Best Answer

People who have love, and cant imagine living without it, feel like you must be missing out-

Best Answer

Strangely enough they aren't the ones who are saying it is sad. It's the ones who are looking and longing for a relationship, can't understand why I am not.

Best Answer

Wow, not what I would have suspected. One of my dearest friends chooses to not have a relationship and has been alone for about 10yrs, she also is not sexually active. This is the path she chose b/c she was treated badly by her exes, and even cheated out of thousands of dollars (shes very giving, the type bad ppl will take advantage of). I do feel bad for her...I feel bad b/c I know she goes through a lot of depression-she also never could have kids. She is a really good woman..but the truth is shes attracted to bad men, and she knows it so she chooses to be alone. Personally there was a LoT I liked and enjoyed about being single- and although I see most women as being ridiculously co-dependant and overly concerned with their men, I do beleive there are some women who can be content being single. Then some women just need time to be healthy and learn about things like boundaries and red flags-and maybe they can establish a healthy relationship on down the road-

Best Answer

alot of people your age decide against another relationship but I wouldn't close your self off completely you never know someone may come along unexpectedly and be the best thing ever

Best Answer

You DON'T get it. I do not want a relationship. I have absolutely no desire for one. I like men, just fine. I ahve male friends, whose friendship I value a lot. I do not want a relationship. Period. Full Stop. Exclamation point!!!!

Best Answer

gee i do get it and its perfectly fine that you don't want one i was just saying keep an open mind is all

Best Answer

she isn't closing herself off........she's choosing not to be in a relationship. Big difference and that's one a lot of people don't get.

Best Answer

If you're happy. That is all that ultimately counts.<br />
Happiness and contentment with our own lives is the only true measure of success.

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

I don't think it's sad for you---you're happy. I suppose it could be argued that some guy out there is missing out on someone pretty awesome. ;) <br />
Mostly I guess that people think it because they're conditioned to believe that everyone should be coupled.

Best Answer

Coupling is great for those who want it. I don't begrudge them. I don't envy them either.

Best Answer

If you happy, why bother.

Best Answer

Exactly

Best Answer

It's a bit sad, but I do understand it too. At least you won't suffer and can live the way you'd like. <br />
A romantic relationship always ends, and mostly hurts then.<br />
Friendship never ends.

Best Answer

Thanks for your response, but.........you see, it is not the least bit sad. Maybe it would be, if I said I want a relationship, but no one wants me; but that is not the case. I made a decision. I do NOT regret it. I miss chocolate way more than romance.

Best Answer

I have to echo jacee. You're a smart, grown up lady who has been managing her life and helping a BIG bunch of others for a long time now. I figure YOU know what's right for you and if you're happy with that...It's good enough for me! hugs and hugs ♥

Best Answer

And hugs back to you too.

Best Answer

I think people have this misguided conception that in order to be happy or fulfilled you must be in a relationship.Or have another person in it. And for some people that may be true but not everyone.<br />
I say if you're happy with your life the way it is then I'm happy for you. What others think really has no bearing on the way you choose to live. If they don't or won't understand that then it's their problem and not yours.

Best Answer

Thanks jacee, I appreciate your words. I think I may just avoid relationship questions from now on, and avoid all the unsolicited sympathy.

Best Answer

that's probably a wise idea lol

Best Answer

I dont, its up to you

Best Answer

Thanks. Somehow, I knew you would say something like this. You are a very accepting person.

Best Answer

Why do you think people even care enough about what you do or think to be sad about it? Get over yourself.

Best Answer

YOu are disappointing them, but not yourself. <br />
If they say they want you to be happy, the only thing they are saying is they want you to make them happy for having a good man that they can try to steal from you.

Best Answer

Well, I don't thing they would like me to have something to steal. I think they really believe that a woman needs a man to validate her existence.

Best Answer

Then they have the problem not you!

Best Answer

It's not. Don't worry about it.

Best Answer

Not worried, just curious.

Best Answer