invisiblonde invisiblonde 51-55, F 48 Answers Mar 16, 2012

Who are these people ?

Best Answer

I've been fcking poor when I was little ( my dad left mum with 3 girls to bring up) and there's nothing noble about it. A lot of rich people are snobs but not all by a long way. It's the upper classes I can't stand, not the rich

Best Answer

There is something noble in preferring moral values to greed. Rich people will often consider they deserve what they have and the hoi polloi is just lazy.

Best Answer

So wealth equals / creates immorality?

Best Answer

In practice it often means that you either inherited it, or you developed it exploiting populations with fewer rights than you. I'm not saying poor means good, but being dignified while you have little can be called noble , to use your own term.

Best Answer

Well put earthling

Best Answer

yeah man i'll second that notion

Best Answer

Oh Bull"**^*....often the Hoi polloi think they deserve what the rich people have and resent them.....Then they banter for enormously overinflated self serving, obscenly overpaid governent programs and workers to make life fair....

Best Answer

Oh naughty naughty!

Best Answer

Having expressed the opinion that I was the king of the fatheads and ought never to be allowed out without a nurse I recently decided to change my mind ... I'm now quite happy with my poached eggs and a ventriloquist's dummy

Best Answer

makes sense to me ;-D

Best Answer

well Im poor and Im well aware that there is nothing noble about it,its **** and to answer why we think rich people are knobs,simple! we are jealous and odds are they are knobs just like us poor people

Best Answer

I have lived at the extreme at both ends - homeless and what is considered very wealthy, and I disagree with this statement in it's entirety.<br />
There is absolutely nothing noble about poverty. It is a stain on society, and the life people live as poor really sucks - I have been there, wouldn't wish it on anyone.<br />
I have also lived in a situation where I was considered wealthy, and believe me, most are NOT snobs, just people who are fortunate enough by either birth or circumstance who don't have to worry about anything. That isn't their fault, it just is. The poor resent it, and that is understandable, but they have no reason to feel that people in a more fortunate situation are "snobs."

Best Answer

Not all of the poor resent the wealthy. Some of the poor see it as you stated, "That isn't their fault, it just is." That the way I feel. I resent no one for their money, and never have, but I have certainly come across some people who do resent (or even hate) others for their wealth which is a shame. The poor that do resent/hate people for their wealth should be glad that others are fortunate enough to have the money that they do. I don't consider them snobs either. I consider them lucky because they do not have to experience poverty. I know poverty, believe me, and it is not an affliction I would wish on anyone.

Best Answer

There is nothing noble about being poor, have been off and on all my life. Then again, show me a very wealthy person who is not a snob. I know of only 3

Best Answer

I dont think anyone thinks its noble to be poor and I have very curious to learn where that impression came from. Rich snob now I TOTALLY get that.

Best Answer

I've been poor... really poor.....and never thought it was noble....just something to endure and overcome. As for rich people being snobs, its all a matter of experience. I've worked for some extremely wealthy people, I went to a private university (on scholarship) where my classmates came from very wealthy families....some were elitist, self important, self absorbed pinheads, who acted like the rest of the world was beneath them....others were just normal folks. Unfortunately the jerks were in the majority and made the most lasting impression. So when I interact with people who are wealthy I have to fight my instinctual urge to automatically assume that they are going to be jerks.

Best Answer

because most people do things like watch the news programs on tv instead of CSPAN and NPR. Most young people even watch the Daily Show for their information. What I'm saying is people = sheep.<br />
I think that explains people enough.<br />
Check out my shirt questions. They're enlightening. Just mention an expensive item you care about then bam.. people feel free to treat you like ****. My family used to be wealthy but now they live in a run down apartment in a bad part of town. I know both sides. When you're wealthy its actually annoying because people at times treat you like you're "oppressing them", people love a good reason to feel persecuted. They love to mistreat you when they can... it makes them feel powerful. Very cute... When you're poor it's not so bad. You can't pay for things but you're "noble" if you act well.. That's a general thing.You get a nice amount of sympathy from some groups... not others. Being poor of coarse is stressful, and you end up in bad ways namely if someone gets sick or needs an operation.<br />
The richest people tend to be very paranoid. They have to be to keep all the stuff they have. It's not for everyone. <br />
Personally I don't care about money. I just like to be around good people. Being rich and being poor subject you to extremes of personalities. I'd prefer a good old paranoid racist to a victimesque downer any day. But those are just tendencies. There are all sorts of poor and rich people. <br />
So people who know a bit about rich and poor people are going to assume something from what they know which is probably stereotyped and nicely packaged information they can feel better about themselvs with. Then they go and watch the news and have thier "suspicions" fulfilled... something like that.

Best Answer

OMG!!!
really?

Best Answer

Because most of the time those who are “rich” like to flaunt it. Not all do, but enough to aggravate others (stereotype). On the other hand, I don’t consider being poor to be noble. It’s simply the norm for a lot of people on this planet. The key is to be content with what little you do have and use it to help others.

Best Answer

Today you need to think deeply about what being "rich" means. traditionally, when talking about poor versus rich, you often visualize people with giant bank accounts. But that is only the obvious stereotype. Anyone who sinks all their finances in materialism to create some sort of "image" for themselves is the same as being rich. I have many relatives and friends who invest their life into making as much money as possible so they can buy the best home, best cars, best clothes, and have the most perfect friends they can find. To me, they are worse than the wealthy. They are hypocrites. The only truly honest form of a human is poor on the outside, but rich in virtues on the inside. It isn't possible to be both humble and rich because the humble do not strive for materialism. I personally cannot help but despise those who indulge in life. For they often forsake those who need help. And believe me, there is more than enough need in this world to cast aside any justification for being rich or well off.

Best Answer

I grew up poor. Surrounded by wealthy relatives and taking their 'hand me downs'.<br />
Yet I was happy. Our family was close and there was love. <br />
Then I look at myself now. I learned from where I was and see what I have achieved.<br />
I didn't want to have to depend on my children to keep me in my 'old age' so I save. I put my cash away in the bank and don't purchase all the new gadgets. I'm comfortable. AND I don't have to depend on anyone.<br />
I grow food in my back yard like my Father did when I was little. And I save in so many ways. <br />
The point is, one can't just sit back and whine at the others because they have it and you don't.<br />
Learn to live with less 'stuff' and you will be able to climb out of your hole.<br />
Now, I'm not RICH. I merely have no credit card bills or mortgage. There is a bank account that could keep me a few months if I lost my job.<br />
You may not approve but...that's my story.

Best Answer

Because so few people think that every poor person is a snob and every Noble is rich.

Best Answer

idk but its very annoying and i think i would be poor cuz where i wook

Best Answer

Because, for the most part, it's true. You generally don't get rich without really valuing money. And you don't really value money if your values are really noble. Of course there are exceptions to every stereotype. But I think this one's as close to spot-on as they come. (my opinion)

Best Answer

Your whole comment is sad and inaccurate as can be. I suggest you move up to the rich level and re-read your comment.

Best Answer

Simple; because 'poor' people got that way by pretending they were rich and not watching their money and how they spent it..........<br />
Rich people got that way by taking care of their money and not squandering it..some of them, at least...<br />
and besides, in the USA, there is NO SUCH THING as a 'poor' person!!<br />
Our 'poorest' people would be looked upon as Kings in other parts of the world.<br />
All things are relative............right????????

Best Answer

Some of the most generous people i know are poor. That noble. to give to other when you have so little.

Best Answer

nothing noble about being poor ,its just really a sad sad life and as far as rich snobs go not the majority<br />
just a hand full the rest are just rich thats all<br />
Like many of us wish we were

Best Answer

If you're poor and you strive to have a good life, then that's being noble, but being poor and lazy is not, wealthy person is snob when he doesn't care about what's happening less fortunate people.

Best Answer