Or is it because society has utterly destroyed any form of self and these people want to be "special" or "individuals" ?
SilenceEvermore SilenceEvermore 22-25 14 Answers Aug 13, 2012 in Hobbies

Just looking for attention is all...I've never known a sociopath that was that self aware enough to even think, let alone ask if they were a sociopath...

Best Answer

I never thought anybody actually WANTED to be a sociopath. I agree that it has become rather romanticized but I think that's just a case of wanting something that you can't have, something unobtainable. Either way, the notion of wanting to be a sociopath is quite senseless.

Best Answer

I've dated a sociopath...they're not good people! Fun at first maybe, but it quickly become nightmare-ish

Best Answer

Yes, i don't think there is anything appealing or "interesting" about being a sociopath or having a mental disorder. I think some people believe it makes them different or more interesting.

Best Answer

Something's not right in their diet.

Best Answer

WTF,, the net has 'romanticizied' being a sociopath ?? IDK bout that,,,seems way extreme for the net or anything,, to cause that ,,,

Best Answer

If you looks at the "symptoms" on some sites they make it appear as if it is something desirable. Charisma, not caring what others say about you etc.

Best Answer

ah ha,, I see,,, luckily I 'miss' those type of sites,, haha

Best Answer

I've never met anyone who wanted to be a sociopath unless you're talking about a Halloween costume. Its a living hell to want to be able to genuinely care about other people and not be able to. I waged a war with myself to be able to come out of that place and I'm pretty sure that divine intervention is the only reason I gained the ability to be fully human.

Best Answer

i tend to agree with the second part of your question.

Best Answer