whiteangel38 whiteangel38 36-40, F 11 Answers Jan 27, 2011

Teenagers have always had one of the highest suicide rates of any age group, probably to do with the stress of growing up and life changes. I'm not sure if the rate has actually climbed much, or we're just more aware of it because of the extensive media coverage.

Best Answer

Ridiculous to blame parents. There are good ones, bad ones, medium ones. This is one insane world and society these kids have grown up in. The media feeds them hopelessness, violence,sex, nothing but negativity.They are more and more desensitized and detached form the real world. They are made to feel like they can't measure up in this society on any level. I believe that as hard as many parents try to do the right things with the kids, they don't have as much power or influence over them as the media has. I blame society and the tv and technolgy

Best Answer

THIS WORLD IS FULL OF TOO MANY PROBLEMS!!!

Best Answer

I've had depression issues since before puberty. I think adults tend to write off the depression of young people as a "stage they're going through" or otherwise don't take it seriously. Adults are also often in denial that their kids need help/have a problem.

Best Answer

It is very sad, seems like an epidemic where I live, all young men too....I feel sorry for the people left behind.

Best Answer