I thought caring required empathy - something sociopaths lack by definition.
scorpioman84 scorpioman84 26-30 9 Answers Apr 14 in Community

It does. My ex friend is a sociopath and let me tell you, she did not care. She was fairly good at playing the pity card though and it would fool anyone. Her and I would get into physical fights sometimes and I could tell that she enjoyed watching me get hurt. I don't believe that someone who is diagnosed as a sociopath would confess to others that they are. I feel that those who do have self diagnosed or have been improperly diagnosed.

Best Answer

That's the main card played, the pity card!

Best Answer

I thought I was a sociopath once - then realized I wasn't when I cared if I was one or not.

Best Answer

I'm a sociopath. Do I care? No. Is my reputation going to be damaged from posting on a throwaway account that I am a sociopath to a bunch of people i'll never interact with? No.

Best Answer

A true sociopath does not want to be known as such. It spoils their cover and manipulative activities. The most charming of people up front are sociopaths behind the scenes.

Best Answer

i'm not sure it's that simple - sociopaths and psychopaths care about their reputations, and they are fascinated by the operation of real emotion - they can also pretend to care so as to learn about or manipulate people - i don't rule out the possibility that woman does have sociopathic tendencies

Best Answer

and this is an anonymous site, so people's real reputations aren't effected

Best Answer

Exactly....cuz they are not true sociopaths, but attention seekers

Best Answer

It's not as black or white

Best Answer

It pretty much is - sociopaths lack empathy.

Not everyone who is antisocial is a sociopath, despite what quacks may have you believe.

Best Answer

Empathy isn't required to be curious about who one is. Maybe you are mixing their curiosity up with caring about what they are

Best Answer

Caring what someone thinks of you requires empathy.

Best Answer

It's not that we care what you think, it's that we want people paying attention to what we write. And we care about things that directly affect us.

Also I get bored. This site has many people openly conversing and it's amusing to see what makes them butthurt. It's amusing to study "normal" people.

Best Answer

You are socializing.

Best Answer