I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
spiritinamachine spiritinamachine 22-25, M 8 Answers Apr 26 in Hobbies

Because they find it attractive to those we say unattractive ones.

Best Answer

that has some truth but when a kid pops out they become single mothers, or divorce themselves, so how did personality win?

Best Answer

.....Maybe it's because the "unattractive" guys treat them better than the stereotypical more aesthetically appealling "attractive" guys do. <br />
In my over 24 years worth of people watching and 14 years worth of experience as the "go-to" person about relationships amongst the people who know me..... I've found there are 4 main kinds of people in the world:<br />
1. pretty people who know they are pretty: They're typically self-absorbed, cocky, arrogant, and rarely give a **** about anyone... when they do... they're more concerned about what other people do affects them personally.<br />
2. pretty people who think they are "unattractive" or "ugly": they're typically nice, humble people and at least try their best to treat everyone with kindness and respect and think about what they can do for others.<br />
3. "unattractive" or "ugly" people who think they're not just attractive but "God's greatest give to the world" so to speak": ....they're typically bigger jerks than the pretty people who think they're pretty.<br />
4. "unattractive" or "ugly" people who know they're "unattractive" or "ugly": Half of these types of people are major grumps about it and are mad at the world for it and thus act like jerks. The other half of these have personality traits very similar to pretty people who only think that they are ugly.<br />
Girls tend to go for the guys that think they are unattractive but are really not ugly at all in the slightest or for the ugly guys that know they're unattractive and are nice and humble because of their view of themselves..... they figure they have to make up for they're bad looks in good skills and how they treat people.... and THAT is what quite afew women look for in a guy... not his looks..... but how he acts and what he's good at. Many times a guy with good looks is just an added bonus for many women.

Best Answer

Well I have been around and I think society is a circus. It that was true why so many divorces, and single moms?

Best Answer

Because people in general around the world have forgotten how to work problems out together and often compromises and sacrifices in a relationship are 1-sided, when they should be 2-sided. Often times within the past several decades relationships have been expected to be "how can the other person make me happy" and not "how can I make the other person happy". In addition to that the world "love" has become senonimous with "lust" and "sex". It has also been confused with "infatuation" so much the more recently... that the true meaning of "love" has been forgotten by most. What it takes to keep a relationship going and have a successful love filled strong and healthy life-long lasting relationship with another person has been practically thrown out the window by many which ****** off those that hold that idea of a life-long marriage whether gay or straight as a sacred thing to be held dear and taken seriously.

That is why so many divorces and single moms.

Successful love filled relationships that last a lifetime can exist between any combination of types of people if they 1. understand the true meaning of the word "Love" 2. Truly love each other 3. make sacrifices and compromises once in a while just to make the person they truly love truly happy even if just for a moment or two. and 4. work out their problems rather than giving up on the relationship.

Best Answer

I think lust win over love.

Best Answer

Only because people let their reproductive organs dictate who they're in a relationship with these days more than they let their hearts and their brains decide.

There used to be a day when love won over lust..... but that was back in our parents', grandparents', and great-grandparents' days. There are very rare cases today when love still wins over lust. But those cases are very rare. I like to hold onto hope, however, that the days when people decide with their heads and their hearts rather than the reactions from their loins will one day return in future generations when we are long gone.

Best Answer

Back then it was a male dominant culture and woman were mans property.

Best Answer

That is how people now see it... yes.... in some countries including the U.S. But how it was seen back then..... and how I see it.... more men new how to treat women with respect and kindness as people to be loved and cared for and not as pieces of property. Sure there were a few handfuls of men that were complete ********.... but a vast majority in the world weren't. In many cultures around the world women have always been more dominant or at least equal to men... mostly in 3rd world countries but still cultures in the world around that time period nonetheless. Back then more people men and women alike thought with their heads and not their nether regions. Back then more people cared more about how what they did affected the people around them. Back then the majority of relationships had 2-way give and 2-way take, making sacrifices to unsure their significant other's happiness. Back then more people had marriages that really did last until one of them died.... usually from some kind of disease that a cure hadn't been found for yet...and even while their spouse was sick they'd stay.... when their spouse pissed them off they stayed.... why? Because they truly loved each other and took that "for better or worse, in sickness and in health until death do us part" thing quite seriously..... today.... that's "more or less just a guideline" and more times than not is omitted completely from marriage vows today.

I know I'm old fashioned, with old-fashioned ideas on how to make a relationship work... BUT those ideas where successful from thousands of years before we started measuring the years in terms of A.D. or E.C.E or whatever it is now.... all the way up until the 1950's..... then crap started going down hill quick to what we have today. Love-forsake, lust-filled, **** everything..... get what I can out of a relationship and then end it and move on to the next piece of meat to screw type of society that I really deplore and lament living in. Though I will have you know that those who've come to me in the last 14 years seeking advice on how to make their relationships work... and have followed that advice... are still in that same relationship, happy, and deeply in truly genuine love with each other... some have families they're raising together and there are no plans of separating anytime soon.... It doesn't have to be "male dominate." It doesn't have to be "female dominate"...... it actually does work best when there is equal parts give from both people and equal parts take from both people. 1 person does whatever it takes to make their significant other happy..... the significant other does whatever it takes to make the other person happy..... See how that works? It's not that hard.... especially if both people are honest with their significant others about their wants, needs and desires.... and if both people LISTEN to what their significant other is telling them.....

Really.... not that hard..... and it obviously works because it kept society going like that as far as how relationships succeed for a lifetime all around the world for hundreds of Melania. Why all the sudden change in how relationships work and their drastically increased failure rate?! Who the **** knows?! I sure don't... I don't really care...... But you asked a question I gave you the honest and well educated answer.... don't like it tough tooties....

For the feminazis that might read this and tell me "i'm perpetuating a rape culture" I've heard it before... and I'm not... I'm perpetuating the hope of a better "love, respect, and kindness culture" not the best name for it.... but ya know... it makes my point. Now it's been made and I'll step down off my soapbox for now. ....and yes.... if I could...... I would gladly go back in time and live out the rest of my days in our parents, grandparents, or even great-grandparents' days.

Best Answer

you answered the question

Best Answer

Big wallet or d.

Best Answer

Or heart

Best Answer

They are funny!

Best Answer

well all that is subjective.

Best Answer

They feel secure with them.

Best Answer

if that was true why so many single girls with kids, and divorce girls.

Best Answer

It's the big D!

Best Answer